Chapter 1

1

It all started with a faceless blur.

When his eyes flutters open that morning he was greeted with a recurring pain coming from his midriff. He groans.

“Tame it down rich boy!” one of the jail officer said.

He winced.

This is not all new to him. In fact, waking up on the cold old cell and the smell of alcohol reeking from his breath was just an additional number to his many lists of adventures. He partied all night long, hooked up, and last but not the least broke a damn nose of whoever who, dared to stumbled crossed on his path.  

Dave sighs, waiting impatiently on his cell. Any minute now, he told himself.

“Rich boy!” Colton, one of the old officers on duty said.

He glanced at him.

“Your bail has been settled, you may leave.”

Standing up, Dave shoved both of his hands inside his pockets. “It’s about damn time!” he hissed.

“Dave can’t you managed not to get into trouble within the span of twenty-four hours?” Colton asked. 

“Who knows?” Dave answers, shrugging.

“Dave!” Brandon punched him lightly on the shoulder. “You trouble maker!”

He and Brandon were cousins. Brandon was a few years older than him. Brad inherited his father’s company last year, on his twenty-fourth birthday. Their family owns a film and broadcasting company.

“Good morning to you too!” Dave replied, chuckling. He embraced him on a man to man hug, “Man, I miss your bed!” he said, with a yawn.

Brandon shook his head. “When will you get tired of this lifestyle you were perfectly portraying?”

“Let me see?” he hummed, and added. “Never?”

“I seriously, need to talk to your mom about this?” Brandon glanced at him though his shoulders. “Aunt, Stacy would be so thrilled.”

“Wait. No. You wouldn’t do that to me!”

“Of course, I would. Who do you think you are? I want my life back! Free from pest like you!” he joked.

“Awe, come on! We both know you didn’t mean that.” Dave whines.

He shrugged, knowing how his aunt Stacy displeased her son’s behavior.

Dave scowled, “Yeah. Mom would be thrilled, alright. Believe me... So thrilled, that she might actually sent me immediately a plane ticket, or worst, personally shipped me back to LA.”

Brandon chuckled, and shook his head. “Nice try. Although, I really meant it Dave—Your mom would be so upset. Don’t forget, she’s still under recovery.” He said, solemnly.

“I know, Brad. Besides, what she doesn’t know won’t hurt her. So—You, my best cousin in the whole white world should not let her know.”

“I don’t know about that. Who knows... until when I can hold-up the truth? I might slipped? And, blurted it out.”

Dave stared at him, horrified.

He laughed whole heartedly, and elbowed Dave on his sides, lightly. “Just kidding, little bro. Come. Let’s get you home kiddo. You stink!”

Grinding from ear to ear, Dave nodded.

*