Chapter 12

12

“What—?” Madison said, glancing for the first time since she recovered from shock.

He shushed her, and put a palm on her mouth, silencing her completely. “Please, don’t shout. I’ll explain everything, just don’t make a scene.” He pleaded.

He watched her as registration slowly slipped on her face, and his arm softened its hold on her mouth. 

Although unsure of what is happening, Madison manages to nod. She can feel the pulse beating down on now scarlet cheeks. Madison was sure he could feel the pulsation of flesh underneath his sturdy palm.   

Their shoulders collide as Lance peeped through the slightly ajar door, and grumbled something incoherently under his breath. Madison noted distantly the distress on his eyes, and the way he is able to massively infiltrate her apartment, she was sure something is up.

Lance was contradicting himself, usually in a situation like this, he will simply avoid conversation and connection to try and hide his feelings; hoping that it will all just go away and he won't have to deal with it.

Shutting the door behind her, “I’ll accept your invitation.” He said.

Her head tilted on the side and her forehead crinkled in confusion.

“Hot chocolate.” He reminded her, letting her slid off the door. He stepped back, giving her space.

She ushered him on the couch, telling him to make himself at home and proceed to the adjoining kitchen.

Sliding beside him in the couch, she offered him the hot drink together with a variety of bake goodies.

Lance thought there’s no way he was going to spend another magnitude of terrible, screaming session with his grandfather. He rather be here with her. even if he had to fight the attraction he felt for his tempting neighbor.

Madison cleared her throat. Lance balked, his expression clearly indicating that, though he might have to endure her presence, whether he likes it or not, and that made Madison squirmed in anxiety.

The fact that he was forced to spend and suffer another hour, or even second in her depressing presence put a gnawing ache in her chest.

Madison wanted to dig a hole and hide herself; she had various rising questions, but chooses to sit in silence and guzzled down the hot chocolaty goodness.   

To her credit, Lance seems to snapped out of his danger zone as soon as the relaxing aroma of cocoa engulfed his nostrils.

He’d cupped the mug easily in his hand. He sat back, eyes dropping while he sampled the delicious chocolate beverage.

She let herself go, mirroring his calm action. She closed her eyes, and let her back completely laid behind the headrest of the couch.

They both had taken their time, just savoring the moment. Until, Madison heard the soft squeak of the leather couch and felt soft set of lips against her own.

The kiss was sweet almost feathery, but soon it became restrained and stilled. 

Madison was puzzled. Her heart was beating erratically between her chest.

How did his lips ended up against her? Or perhaps, its was just a dream, an illusions played by her creative mind? The answer came quick, her as her own body had suddenly developed a mind of its own. She pulled him back and responded on his masterful kisses.

Lance lost all the control he had. All caution had been thrown into the wind.  As she kissed him back with every ounce of strength she had, it was her first kiss. But with his skillful lead she had managed to return the kiss with the same intensity. 

Madison had mentally imprinted the magical moment inside her head. Her fist kiss. The kiss they had first shared. A kiss, so memorable she was sure herself she’ll cherish it for a lifetime.