Chapter 13

13

Christmas Eve came so soon, too much for his liking. Which means, in a weeks’ time and he’d be free again at last. 

Since the incident he had come across the article, which had become an internet sensation. Dave had become paranoid. He was always on the lookout, overly suspicious of every stranger who would cross his way.

He even anxiously requested Brad to have his bedroom checked over, and see if it was infested of spying cameras, but luckily to Dave’s relief nothing was found.

“So this is how celebrity feels like.” Dave said. A tired sigh escapes his lips. He pursed his lips together and folded his arms. “There is no safe place to hide, not even in the dark.”

He had a technician de-bugging is car in a day-to-day basis.  The scandal left Dave a creepy feeling that the environment he was living in had crawling electronic eyes watching him, and his every movement. Just waiting till he offends another shortcoming, worthy scribbling on that rubbish blog that almost everyone was reading. 

Manila’s tabloid celebrity paparazzi magazines whipped up the scandal that was distributed copies by that anonymous “BELLA” for free in her blog site, and now Dave’s name was probably one of the talk of the century, like a piece of meat thrown into those canine blaring gossipmongers to feast upon, and sink their sharp teeth into.

He disdains those people who had nothing else to do but gossiped about other people’s lives.

That Bella, a total stranger, who just cannot stop on snooping its noses on somebody else business, and chases him everywhere surreptitiously videotaping his day-to-day activity without regard for his privacy.

Dave had a demented look on his face, ready to pounce the shutterbug who was spying on him. He was apprehensive, and infuriated at the same time. What if he was being secretly filmed again? This is bad news; it will bring havoc to his orbit, especially now that both of his parents are in the same archipelago.

He keeps asking himself. Can he protect his mother from the widespread campaign of the media against him, and his bastard of a father? He was not confident that he could, and that troubles him.

His mother, Stacy lived in silence and anonymity for several of years, all thanks to his father. Can she handle another catastrophe that was about to shook the foundation that took eight years in the making?

He admits, he was a dispute himself, but he will make sure his mother will not go through all that deep shit again. His bastard father can dig his own grave because he would not let him get near her, not even lay a single finger at her. Never again. Even if he had to glue her right at his sides, he would just to keep her safe. 

Desperate, Dave looked up in the sky a bearing a silent question, “God why did you let us suffer with the hands of such a vicious man?”  

Dave hated his father. He hated him a million times. He hated him, because of what he has done to them. He hated him, because of him his mother had to go through that hell.

He’d pray that the heaven would forgive him, because he was sure he can’t.

Who was he kidding? His father’s soul must’ve been already in the purgatories rated número uno offender in its very extensive list.

Besides, how can you forgive someone who is not even seeking for forgiveness?

“I’ll leave it to god, if he wanted to spare him. I am not in the mood to forgive and I doubt that time will ever come. I am not a saint. I am just a mortal human being.” He huffed, his chest tighten from rage.

Will his eternal wage of personal vendetta against his father end? Maybe, maybe not? Who knows?