Chapter 7: Stay With Me

Kion and the rest of the guard came running back to the pride lands sweating from the scorching heat that came upon them.

They then came across the spot where Fuli was, but she was gone.

"Uh guys, you don't think Fuli ran off did she?" Asked Kion worryingly.

"I don't think so, I thought you told her to stay here

"I don't think so, I thought you told her to stay here." Replied Beshte looking confused at the empty spot.

"I did, maybe she just went to get water?" Said Kion glancing around for any sight of water.

"But there's hardly any water in the pride lands during the dry season, so maybe she went hunting?" Said Beshte examining the pride lands.

"I don't know, guys stay here I'll go look for her." Said Kion as he ran off searching for Fuli.

"Fuli, where are you?" Asked Kion walking across the tall dead grass, looking up for any sight of the cheetah.

But Fuli was inside the cave up at pride rock, and she was hiding from her friends, and Kion.

Kion then guessed that she went up to pride rock, to the cave since she likes to hang out in there.

"Fuli? hello are you in here?" Asked Kion peeking inside the cave to see her curled up into a ball, sound asleep. Fuli acted like she didn't hear him, but she couldn't block out the sound.

"Fuli, what in the pride lands? what are you doing in here? I told you to-"

"I know, I know you told me to stay right? well you were taking too long so I went to see if you were okay, and I see you were pretty occupied down there." Said Fuli cutting him off angrily.

Kion was surprised by the anger in her eyes. He hated to see her angry, and it made him feel sad.

"Fuli, what are you talking about? what do you mean occupied?" Asked Kion confusingly his ears perked back he felt guilty.