Dead Weight

(Donatello POV)

Julie turned into something horrifying and scary. It was like when Naomi went Dragon or whatever she calls it... But this was different. Her eyes didn't seem to notice any of us and her anger just flooded her.

I ran down the tunnels as quickly as I could, trying to figure out where Julie would be if she remembered her past or just in general. I remember where Naomi ran off to when she got out; that old building, but would she really go to it...?

It was my best shot, so I hurried topside just to find out. Of course I went to the rooftops first so I wouldn't be spores by anyone, good or bad. The hideout wasn't as far away as I thought. I looked down on it, hoping to find a light on or something.

There was a light, and I saw a shadow move in front of it, but it wasn't fluffy, had wings, or a tail. Not Julie.... But whoever it was turned the light off quickly and I paused, wondering who it could be.

A teenage girl, the age of Naomi or Mikito stepped out. She had brown hair with honey colored eyes. I paused for a second as I saw her blue-green shirt. Sophie.... Oh what Leo would give up to just see her. Human or not....

I gritted my teeth as a quiet boom almost made me jump off the roof in fright. Sophie must've not heard it, or was ignoring it because she just continued walking. It worried me and I looked around.

Roaring and hissing was coming from some dense trees and near a waterway a few blocks away. I quickly ran over and saw a green creature with blackened fur from her dying experience looking at the roaring water. If she saw her reflection, I'd be very surprised because of all the foam...

"Julie!!" I cried out. Her head shook, loosing her balance as she looked at me. She didn't have the wings anymore and she looked normal again. Her brown eyes found me quickly and she started running toward me but slipped and fell into the water. "JULIE!!"

Ignoring the fact I could be seen, I jumped off the building and onto a fire escape, sliding down and running up to raging chasm. I saw a scaled green hand reach up, but drug back down from the white water.

Gritting my teeth, I jumped into the water, taking a breath beforehand and tried swimming where I last saw the hand. The water current was helping me, but I feared I couldn't make it. What seemed like hours were only seconds.

I finally found Julie stuck against a few large branches. The cleaning team for the sewage needed the clean it out... I swam up, grabbing on a nearby branch and hauled my shell up by Julie.

She was unconscious and probably from the blood spewing from her head when she must've hit it sometime in the current or on her way down. I tugged her free with ease because of how limp she was, which did scare me. But as soon as I did, she felt like dead weight.

Looking at her, her fur was dancing in the waters, completely waterlogged. Great. And I was running out of air. I swam up to the surface with difficulty and gasped in part air and part water, holding Julie close and her head above the water.

I couldn't tell if she was breathing or not, but I tried swimming diagonal to a place we could get somewhat dry. Julie was scaring me on how heavy she was, but I just hoped it was only her fur. I honestly did... I couldn't bear to loose her again.

I finally reached one of the sides of the chasm and put Julie on it first. Her lower half were still in the water and I was a few feet away when I finally came on land. I came up to Julie worried, shaking her.

She didn't respond. Which worried me more so I checked her pulse.

Nothing.