Chapter 8

Have you ever felt like a robot? As if you have no feelings, no heart, no thoughts or wonders, no questions or answers? Not able to even think by yourself, only capable of doing what you're told to do? And then all of a sudden you're starting to feel? And you get so scared because you didn't know what to do with such feelings? Well I didn't know to recognize those feelings, let alone deal with them. But I had one person who could help me. Maybe that's the reason I liked him and trusted him that much.

I didn't tell him everything, I couldn't. I only told him what was really important.

"I was kidnapped, back when I was about three years old, by a man and a woman, who took me to some kind of a basement, where I grew up with many other people, there were kids my age, there were older, there were teenagers and over 20's. I made friends with many kids back there, and they became very close and important to me, like a family, because after a while I didn't quite remember my own family. For about 14 years I had quite the normal life, except for a few prohibitions like no TV, no music, no pictures, such things, that obviously weren't normal for the kids in our school and stuff.

"And well, when I was 14 and a half, I... ummm... reached sexual maturity... I guess you can call it that, and I had no doubt I was gay, and it wasn't just because I figured out I was gay, that I was sent to work at gay clubs, and later as a manwhore, it's just the way it worked, it was depending on what the people were asking for. And that's why you found me there."

"Wait, wait." Louis said, obviously having a hard time comprehending all that I said, "And the people who were asking for stuff, didn't know that the people they'd get are basically kidnapped children?"

I shook my head "They knew nothing about that."

"That's just sick." He stated the obvious, and I nodded.

"Indeed, it is."

He sighed, "See? Now I understand you much better. You must miss your friends, don't you?"

I nodded and wiped my eyes "You have no idea how..."

Next thing I knew I was wrapped up in a hug, and my heart started pounding harder in my chest and honestly, I wasn't sure why, all I was sure of was that I hoped Louis wouldn't notice and that it isn't a symptom of something not good. And yes, I was that naive back then, and I never knew if it was because I really didn't know what it was or because I didn't want to believe that that's what it was.

But I let myself cry. The embrace was so warm and comforting, that I knew I could fall apart and trust him to not panic or anything, just to be there, holding me together while I'm falling to pieces. He held me tighter and closer and I wrapped my arms around him, clinging desperately onto him.

"It's alright, Harry," He soothed, rubbing up and down my back, "I'm here for you, it's alright, you're not alone, I'm here."

I sobbed out, then said with a weak voice: "Help me..."

I felt as if I was falling down a black hole, clinging tightly onto Louis, trying to grip hard enough not to fall down. He didn't respond to my request, instead started caressing my hair.

"Help..." I let out weakly.

"Shh..." He whispered, "I'm here, Harry, rest a little, go to sleep for a while, you need that." I nodded and he helped me lie down and I closed my eyes. "I'm right here, Harry, I'm not going anywhere." I nodded one last time before letting myself fall asleep, while Louis kept stroking my hair, and I knew I was positioning him in front of a hard task, to help me, but I really needed help, and I believed that he was able to help me.

-*-

When I woke up the sun was rising, and I tried to recall, when I talked to Louis, wasn't it starting to get dark? Did I really sleep that long?