Chapter 4

Have you ever felt so scared? Like, have you ever been to a new place, a house which belonged to a person you didn't know too well, and which you were never in? And now all of a sudden you have to find yourself around, as if this was your house the whole time? I don't know about you, but I was pretty frightened by it, by having to sleep in a room that just within a moment was decided as mine, by waking up all alone for the first time, by knowing that now I would have to come across people I don't know, and like that's not bad enough, not knowing what they are going to do, not knowing if they would hurt me, or wouldn't even want anything to do with me. I felt completely lost.

I woke up the next morning, and before realizing everything, I was already prepared for the thin old mattress, but it wasn't it, the smell was different as well, and I was fully clothed, I slowly opened my eyes, and closed them immediately as the sun hurt them really bad, not like what I was used to, seeing as I lived in a basement for almost 16 years, and on the last 4 and a half years of them, I was only allowed to get out of there by night, to "work". I slowly sat up and opened my eyes, then I looked around, amazed to find out last night wasn't just a dream, I was really saved by that guy, Louis. It gave me a funny feeling and caused me to smile like mad, but that was ruined by the thought of my friends back there, I really missed them... I sighed, what would I do now? I got out of bed, brushed my teeth and washed my face, and then just started walking around, with no idea of what to do with myself now.
I was never used to do nothing. There was always something for me to do, make breakfast/ lunch/ dinner, wash the dishes, take care of the little kids who were there, get ready to work, work, come back, throw up, sleep, and do that all over again the next day. There was never a moment to rest. I remembered of a few days ago, the last night I came back from the club, I remembered of Vanessa, how worried she was about me, I just hoped my disappearance didn't make anyone, like Vanessa or anyone else, think I might have killed myself. They knew how depressed I was, and that I could totally kill myself if I would finally get sick of this shit and gather enough courage to commit suicide.
Of course I was never brave enough. But now, when I thought of it, I was glad I wasn't brave enough, maybe now that I'm away I could start healing and things would get better.

I jumped as I heard a noise coming from upstairs, then I turned around to see Louis appearing in the hallway and walking down the stairs.

"Morning" He smiled at me. I tried not to think of how beautiful his smile was.

"Good morning" I mumbled back.

"You hungry?" He asked simply, I nodded, and he nodded back, "Okay, I'll be right starting on breakfast." I nodded again and followed him to the kitchen, taking a spot at the table.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked gently while making breakfast,

"About ten minutes, I guess" I mumbled, and he nodded without looking at me.

Then he served the food and we ate quietly, probably none of us thought there was something that needed to be said.

Later on that day Louis introduced his favorite TV show to me.

"Are you saying you never watched TV?" He asked, surprised, and I nodded.

"We didn't have one, and when I was younger and went to school, whenever I went to a friend's house I wasn't allowed to watch TV or listen to music or anything else there, those were the rules from 'home'." He nodded slowly and started explaining about the comedy show we were watching on the TV.

After a while there was a knock on the door, and Louis went to open it. I continued to watch TV until I heard my name being called, then I walked slowly up to him, stopping a few steps behind him "Yeah?" I was talking to Louis but examining the guy in front of me, he was taller than Louis, but didn't seem to be any taller than me, it actually didn't seem too hard for a guy to be taller than Louis, he wasn't quite the tall type.

"This is Liam." Louis gestured towards the guy in front of us, and I already got worried, what was he doing?

Liam laughed "You know, usually when you pick someone up from the club to take them home, they're supposed to leave at some point."

"He's going to live here." Louis explained, and Liam raised his eyebrows.

"You must've been really good if he wants to stay here." I took a step back, knowing what he meant, and I looked at both of them, scared that Louis was trying to pimp me around now.

"We didn't have sex." Louis hissed from between his teeth.

"So what is he doing here?" Liam chuckled, and I only noticed I whimpered out loud when both of them turned their gaze to me.

"Are you feeling alright Harry? You seem pale." Louis asked, concerned.

"I-I'm fine." I stuttered.

"You sure?" He raised his eyebrows in disbelief, I nodded.

"Sorry for not being very polite, Harry, it's nice to meet you." Liam let his hand out towards me, at first I took another step back, but then I started walking towards him and shook his hand gently, now I could see we were about the same height.

"Nice to meet you too." I said quietly.

"I'll talk to you some other time." Louis promised to Liam as both of us pulled our hands away, Liam nodded.

"I just came to see why you disappeared last night, glad you're okay though." Louis nodded, smiling.

"Thanks Liam, see you around, bye." Louis put his hand on the door handle.

"Bye." Liam started walking away and Louis closed the door.

I ran upstairs to my room and looked in the mirror, I really was pale. I sighed as I let myself fall onto the bed, Louis came in a little later.

"You alright?" He asked again, I nodded.

"A bit overwhelmed, I guess."

"Okay..." He said "You wanna eat something?" I nodded again.

"Alright, I'll go and make us something to eat." He said and turned away, then disappeared down the hall.

That night, after dinner and right after I got out of the shower, I walked past Louis' room, when I heard silent sobbing. I knew I probably shouldn't do it, but I opened the door and took a small step in "Louis?" I asked shyly, it was weird to feel his name roll off my tongue, but it felt nice. He sniffled and looked up at me, eyes bloodshot.

"Yeah?" He asked in a small voice, and my heart ached a bit in my chest. I walked towards him.

"Are you alright? Why are you crying?" I asked, he just shook his head and next thing I knew I was pulled into a warm embrace. I didn't know what to do or what shaking his head was a replay to, so I awkwardly hugged him back and repeated my second question.

"Why are you crying, Louis?"