Chapter 17

Have you ever felt what it's like to be loved unconditionally? Like the people who loved you unconditionally, didn't care about your sexuality, past, likes and dislikes or opinions? Like it didn't matter to them, like they still loved you? And not despite it- but for it. For being unperfect, for being you, even if you're screwed up? I did, and at first, it was overwhelming, but I easily got used to it because it felt so good. To be loved by my family even though they barely knew me, just for being me, for being part of the family, and to be loved by Louis for who I was and what he knew about me, even though at times I felt like I didn't deserve it, it was all the best I could ask for, and it wasn't finished yet.

"I love you"

He looked at me for a moment before smiling. "I love you too, baby."

I couldn't help but smile as I stepped closer to him and hugged him tight, but a few seconds after, he pulled away from the hug and kissed me, sweet lips working softly against mine and I felt so good, finally having said something that could express my feelings.

There was some feeling that none of us wanted to pull away from the kiss. It was so full of something that before I didn't know to name, but now I knew to name it "love". It was also so electrifying, like every time, and maybe even more, because the whole thing felt like it was getting better with every second. Amazing, really.

But when we started running out of air Louis pulled away, chuckling at me. "Is that why you've gotten out of bed, to tell me that?"

I chuckled. "I couldn't fall asleep because since we left my parents' house tonight I've been wanting to tell you something that would be big enough to... to tell you how I really feel... and then I found the words and I just had to say it."

Louis flashed me one of his sweet, beautiful smiles before sitting up better and setting his book on the bedside table. "To be honest, I was waiting for you to say that." He stroked the side of my face and I hummed, slightly leaning against the touch. His hand was so warm.

"Really?"

"Yeah..." He said. "I've been wanting to tell you that I love you for a while now, but I've already broken that "take it your pace" promise once and I didn't want to put you in an uncomortable situation. I figured that if you haven't said it yet, then you're probably not ready to hear it yet."

"You were probably right." I chuckled. "But I've said it. I love you. I love love love you."

Louis laughed. "I love you too, Haz. Like you have no idea."

I smiled at him, silent for a while, before speaking up again. "Can I, maybe, possibley, stay the night here?"

"Sure, babe." He said, taking off his glasses and pulling the covers off the other side of the bed, and I walked around the bed and crawled into it, cuddling close to Louis as he lied down and pulled me close.

"Too bad you took off the glasses, though." I said. "They look really good on you."

Louis chuckled. "Thank you, baby. But it's horribly uncomfortable to sleep with glasses on."

I hummed, getting sleepy, before Louis offered: "Turn around so I can spoon you?"

Half asleep and having no idea what "spooning" is, I turned my back to him, feeling him press himself up against my back and wrapping his arms around my waist, as he brought us to a position that looked like a spoon. Oh, "spooning".

And it was funny, because he was smaller and still behind me, and even to me, the boy who seconds ago didn't know what "spooning" was, it made sense that it would be the other way around, but I felt so warm and good and safe, that I didn't care.