Chapter 13

Have you ever felt closer to something than ever? Like after being completely unusual, every step in your life leads you closer to being normal? To me, 1.5-2 months after Louis and I started dating, a change in my life begun, I got closer to Louis on many levels, I got closer to fulfilling my biggest wishes... I knew my life would never be the same.

"What is it?" I asked, excitement developing in my body.

"We are going to the Ministry of Interior." Louis replied with a smile, I raised my eyebrows.

"To get you an ID card." He explained, "Once we get you an ID card, we will have your parents' names. Once we'll have their names, we'll be able to start searching for them." A wide smile spread on my face.

"Really?" Louis nodded with a smile.

"C'mon, grab your stuff if you need anything and let's go."

"Now?" I asked, he nodded again. So I checked if there was anything I needed. When I figured there wasn't, I shrugged and we headed out of the house and to his car.

When we arrived at the Ministry of Interior, I had to fill out a form, though some things like ID number or stuff, I didn't know. Then when our turn finally came, I gave the form to the woman behind the desk.

"Sir, there is a lot of missing information here." The woman noted and I nodded.

"I know."

She sighed, "I don't know if I can find it only from this information."

"Can't you at least try?" Louis asked, "I mean, how many Harry Styles can you have in the same town that were born on the same exact day?"

"I will try." She said, starting to type. And after a while she said "There it is" and filled out the rest of the form. Then she had to take a picture of me and when everything was done she said: "That's it, sir. You will get your ID card on the mail within 7-10 work days."

"Thank you, ma'am." I replied, and we left.

-*-

It was about two weeks since we've been to the Ministry of Interior, when there was a knock on the door. Louis was just making lunch, so I went to get it.

"Hello." I said to the guy in front of me when I opened the door.

"Hello." He replied, "I have a package for Harry Styles."

"That would be me." I said, and he gave me a package and a clipboard with a paper in it.

"Sign here." He said and I signed where he told me to, thanked him, closed the door and went to the kitchen.

"Who was that?" Louis asked.

"The mailman." I replied, showing Louis the pack I had in my hand.

"Open it." He said with a smile, and I did. When I opened my ID card, I read it, and reading my mother's name, her face showed in front of my eyes.

Louis stood next to me, peeking at the ID card. "Anne Styles and Des Styles." He read.

"That's my father." I said, "But my mom married another man when I was like one or two. Robin something."

"Just your mom's name is enough, I'll look for her." He said, and he did. When we finished eating, he sat in front of the computer and started his search.

-*-

The search lasted a long time, in which we achieved a few things.

One of the days Louis suggested that I'll come with him to where he works, saying he felt bad that I was at home all day every day and that he knew I could use being out a little, and as I really could use that, I agreed, so the next day I joined him.

"Morning." Louis smiled at Liam when we entered the shop. "Harry will be joining us today, hope you don't mind. Actually, I don't really care if you do."

"Is this 'bring your partner to work' day? Man, I wish someone had told me." Liam replied, and I grinned, seeing them like that was quite amusing.

"Like you have anyone to bring if this was a thing." Louis stung, I chuckled, and he smiled at me.

"I should've seen that one coming." Liam sighed with a slight chuckle.

Louis nodded. "Yes you should have."

When that conversation ended, Louis set a stool behind the counter and patted it, signaling for me to sit, so I did.

It was pretty fun, I didn't really interrupt anyone since I was sitting at a spot where I wasn't in anyone's way anywhere, and Louis' friends were really nice and we had a lot of fun. And after he finished, we did a little shopping.

When we arrived at our house, Louis went back to his search, sitting next to me on the sofa about an hour later, sighing in frustration.

"I'm really sorry, Harry." He said, "I still can't find anything. I'm doing all I can, but I just can't find anything. I'll keep searching, though."

"It's okay." I said, smiling reassuringly at him, and he smiled back.

And like I couldn't help it, I felt myself lean forwards to him, doing what I wanted to do for a while now, pressing my lips against his.

He was a little frozen, probably stunned by my sudden action, but he immediately kissed back, putting his hand on my cheek. The kiss was so sweet and his lips felt so good against mine, and I didn't want him to to pull away. The best first real kiss I've ever had.

-*-

One Friday night Louis and I decided to have dinner outside, just because we could and really wanted to.

By then Louis' friends actually came over to our house quite a lot. At first I was a little uncomfortable, the slight fear that anyone would make a move on me sexually or romantically still remaining, silenced down by me, but still there. After a while I had trained myself to not feel that way because I really had no reason to, I actually felt better, and could talk more openly to the very nice guys and girls. Louis had noticed that change in me too, and although he didn't say anything, I was sure that he was happy about it and maybe a bit proud of me for it. I knew I was.

We were sitting at a small, pretty romantic restaurant, talking to eachother, laughing, and eating.

The food was spectacular, but it wasn't the climax point of the evening.

"Harry..." Louis spoke us after a while we were eating, "I want to ask you something..."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Look..." He said hesitantly, "I know it hasn't been very long that we dated, and that I promised to take it your pace, but there is a question that's constantly on my mind, and I just have to ask you... would you like to be my boyfriend?"