Chapter 22

Have you ever felt the pieces of your life come together? In a moment where your past met your present and possible future, how did you feel? Did it go well? When Louis first met someone from my past, they seemed to accept eachother's exsitance pretty quickly and it was the first time I felt that the life before Louis and after meeting him were becoming one whole story. And maybe, just maybe, it helped me heal better.

The day seemed to end sooner than I thought it would, and it went much better than I ever imagined. I always imagined going back to school to be horrible, but it wasn't. I made some friends fairly quickly and seeing Ashley just made it even better.

At the end of the day I walked out with Ashley, since we had the last period together. "Hey Ash, you wanna come over to mine?"

"Sure." She smiled and I smiled back, pulling my shit-excuse-for-a-phone out and calling Louis.

"Hey babe." He answered, and I could hear the smile in his voice. "You done, love?"

"Yeah." I said simpley.

"You want me to pick you up?" He asked.

I thought about it for a bit. "Uhm... okay, I guess. Say, Lou, can I bring a friend over?"

"Sure, lovely." He replied, making me smile.

"Thank you."

"No worries. I'll be there in a bit."

"Kay." I shuffled my feet a bit. "'M waiting. Love you."

"Love you, too, sweetheart. I'll see you soon."

"Kay. Bye."

"Bye babe." He hung up and I blushed at the way Ashley was looking at me with that wide smile.

"C'mon, I want to see if there are any familiar bus lines, something I can get here with." I said, trying to change the mood from the embarressment I felt at how she look at me, and we headed to the closest bus stop, and I found one line that had a stop next to mine and Louis' house, and a little later, when we had seated ourselves on the stairs outside the school, I heard a honk and lifted my head to see the familiar car, smiling when I saw Louis inside.

"Come." I told Ashley, getting up and going towards the car with her. I opened the door to the back seat for her, and she smiled at me as she got in, and then I got in the passenger seat.

"Hey love." Louis smiled at me and I smiled back, kissing him.

"Hi." I mumbled with a smile as I pulled away, then turning towards Ashley. "Uhm, Ash, this is Louis, Lou, this is Ashley, an old friend."

Louis looked to the back, smiling at her and reaching a hand out for her. "Nice to meet you, Ashley."

"You too." She shook his hand with a smile. I smiled to myself at them. Honestly, I was scared that when the day comes and Louis meets my old friends, they wouldn't like him. Maybe think he replaces them. Though he could never do that.

"So." Louis said as he turned back forwards and grabbed the steering wheel, backing out and onto the road. "How was the first day?"

"It was good." I smiled. "Everyone are so nice."

"Yeah?" He asked. "Did you make some friends?"

"I did." I said. "Most of those who sat next to me in classes I got to talk to. Some didn't really want to talk but that's cool. There's this guy, Niall, who's really nice. He showed me around and invited me to sit with him in the cafetiria and we talked a lot. He's funny and nice and it's just fun to be around him."

"That's nice." Louis said. "How are the teachers?"

"Most of them are nice." I said. "They go easy on newbies. The biology teacher probably already doesn't like me, though." I chuckled, Louis raised his eyebrows.