DT: One - Part 1 of [edited 25/07/12]

UPDATE: 22.01.14: Everything in this "book" is the old versions of a story I was working on when a younger teen. I have since deserted nearly everything about this story except the characters and a few basic plot points. What I didn't desert, plus a whole bunch of newer points, is now being written under the title "The Blood of a Human, The Blood of a Dragon". You can find this on my profile, and I would suggest you read it first. Thank you. :)

---

Did some editing and uploaded it 25/07/12. IDK what's different :P

Author's Note: So, this is the NEWWWWWW Part 1. You have never read this before in your life, so I suggest reading and voting and commenting and stuff.

I REALLY WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF IT!!!! I personally think it's really cool.... but that's just me :P

Anything you think I should change or edit or anything, please let me know. I always listen to criticism, and love it too :)

Thanks again for reading!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Dragon's Tooth

Chapter One

Part 1 of

One Thousand years after the prologue took place

The autumn wind howled mournfully through the trees, sending chills down the two girls' spines. Staring wide eyed and clammy palmed, Miranda watched helplessly as her father lay crumpled on the ground, kicked and beaten into a bruised and motionless pile. Lilrelan, her younger sister, stood beside her, silent tears running down her dirty face.

                  "You filthy, lying, murderous witch." The soldier standing above her father hissed. He kicked her father, but he made no movement. The soldier spat on him. “Bah!” Turning to face the four other soldiers behind Miranda and her sister, he motioned to them, and Miranda was thrust forwards.

                  Stepping towards her, the soldier unsheathed his sword, pointing it suddenly towards her. Her breath caught in a sharp gasp, her body involuntarily struggling against the ropes that bound her arms and hands. Behind her, Lilrelan exclaimed in fright, but was roughly silenced by a knee in the back. She groaned, and said no more.

                  The soldier eyed her cruelly, hatred and disgust burning in his pale-purple eyes. He suddenly slid the sword up under her chin, making her turn her head in fright. “Frightened?” He asked, mocking surprise. “But why would you be frightened, dear girl? Why don’t you just follow your father’s example, and try to kill me!” The last phrase he emphasised with a growl and sudden jerk of the sword, scraping it along her neck. Beads of blood glistened on its sharp edge, as Miranda inhaled sharply at the pain.