DT: Part 4 [edited 4/11/11 ddmmyy]

UPDATE: 22.01.14: Everything in this "book" is the old versions of a story I was working on when a younger teen. I have since deserted nearly everything about this story except the characters and a few basic plot points. What I didn't desert, plus a whole bunch of newer points, is now being written under the title "The Blood of a Human, The Blood of a Dragon". You can find this on my profile, and I would suggest you read it first. Thank you. :)

---

Dedication to @-1812- for the awesome cover. Thanks you! (cover on side -----> )

UPDATE! I have edited this as of 4/11/11 [ddmmyy]. It's not major, but a little more than minor :)

Authors Note: The change from "part 1 of 4" and stuff to simply "part 1, part 2, part 3, etc" is thanks to an idea from Zectaeus, thank you ^^

Yes! "Dragon" and eye descriptions are here! Though none of our beloved Lucas and Lucy and unnamed boy I'm afraid... :( (who knows, they MIGHT be dead... horror!) but what about that mysterious rider at the start? Don't tell me you've forgotten that character! He/She is VERY important! *pouting* *talking to character* "it's OK deary... I understand..."

Ha Ha! Read on!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Dragon's Tooth: Chapter Two: Part Three of Four

The woods echoed with the thunder of galloping. A dark figure flashed through the trees - a horse and its rider flying along the shadowy road. An intoxicating presence suddenly gripped the air, smoke swirling and thickening around horse and rider.

                Foam flapped from the horse’s mouth, its body glistening with droplets of sweat as the rider’s slapping reins urged it faster. The air hung brittle and dry, waves of heat bashing the rider’s face as the roaring crackle of light loomed just behind the last row of trees.

                The horse hurtled around a corner, its hooves skidding the dirt as it threatened to careen into the woods around it. The rider gasped as the scene before him rose to its full glory.

                Towers of flame flew into the air, a deathly veil of thickening grey clouding the sky. The silhouette of a lizard flicked through the flames, an aura of heat radiating from its giant body. Hands tugging unnoticed on the reins, the rider’s eyes stared transfixed at the creature before him. Panting, the horse slowed to a stop, its dull black eyes glowing in the reflection of the flames.

                The charred ground crumpled beneath the rider’s feet as he slid off the horse, his hand reaching for the bulging sheath along his back. The horse snorted nervously, its eyes locked on the rider. The rider slid the sword out of its sheath in a single gliding motion, the blade glowing in the glint of the flames.

                The creature froze, the sudden awakening of another presence boring into its mind. It turned, its glowing black eyes piercing through the flames and into the rider’s own. The air suddenly erupted into a glass shattering scream. The horse cowered away, ears bent back in distress.

                The rider’s pulse accelerated, his hearth thumping uncontrollably as he felt the creature’s eyes bore into his.

“You are a dragon,” the rider breathed, his grip tightening on the sword. The dragon shrieked again, lashing its tail violently around itself. Suddenly it leapt into the air, gliding above the inferno, the smoke enveloping as it disappeared. No, No, No, NO! The rider’s mind begged, his eyes searching the sky above him frantically.