DT: Part 2 (Originally part 1) [Edited 04/11/11 AEST]

UPDATE: 22.01.14: Everything in this "book" is the old versions of a story I was working on when a younger teen. I have since deserted nearly everything about this story except the characters and a few basic plot points. What I didn't desert, plus a whole bunch of newer points, is now being written under the title "The Blood of a Human, The Blood of a Dragon". You can find this on my profile, and I would suggest you read it first. Thank you. :)

---

Dedication to JustJJ for being the first to comment :) Even though the comments are on the prologue... but you already know why now ;)

UPDATE!! This part has been edited as of 4/11/11. This update is MAJOR, and even if you have read this part before, I suggest you read it again :)

UPDATE! This part has been edited as of 18/09/2011, Australian Eastern Standerd Time. Enjoy :)

Author's Note:

Heya! I moved the new part of the first part of chappie one to a new chapter, so that Wattpad would say that I updated Dragon's Tooth :) New upload coming next week! ^^

_____________________________________________________________________________

Dragon's Tooth: Chapter Two, Part One of Four

Slowly melting into the eastern horizon, the last rays of the setting sun set the ocean’s waves on fire. Icy water lapped at the white shores, washing away the tracks of pacing feet.

                The mountains faded from blue to purple as they dissolved into the shadows; the valleys around them melting into darkness.

                Along every street of every town, the street lamp lights flickered on with the twinkling of the stars. A moment of silence crossed the world as the twin moons crawled into space; their blue and red light filtering to the world below, flooding it in a pale, purple glow.

                Hidden from prying eyes by the walls of an old, dusty stall; two cloaked figures worked hurriedly as their voices mingled in excited whispers.

“We don’t have much time, you must hurry. It’ll be gone before you get there!” The taller of the two figures insisted, his hands toying nervously with the dagger they held. His eyes watched his companion saddle up the horse across from him, his own horse standing behind him, chewing loudly on its evening meal. The companion looked up, his face shadowed from the hood over his head, making it impossible to tell whether he were boy or girl.

“Zach, relax, please. I know we weren’t planning for it this way, but I can do this.” The companion’s voice was low, his eyes staring intently at the cloaked figure across from him.

“That still doesn’t mean time is going to pay any favours on us. It’s going to be there and gone before you come within a whiff of the smoke,” Zach answered, his eyes returning the gaze of his companion. The companion’s eyes flicked back to the horse before answering.

“I’ll make it. We have to. If we lose this - ”

“Don’t remind me,” Zach interrupted. “If we knew when they were coming, I’d be going with you.” He paused, then quickly continued. “You have your sword?” The companion patted the hard strip under his cloak.

“Never leaves my side. You know that,” The companion jerked suddenly on the strap of the reins, securing everything in place. Looking up again, his eye’s met Zach’s worried ones. “I’m ready,”