DT: Part 6 [edited 5/11/11 ddmmyy]

UPDATE: 22.01.14: Everything in this "book" is the old versions of a story I was working on when a younger teen. I have since deserted nearly everything about this story except the characters and a few basic plot points. What I didn't desert, plus a whole bunch of newer points, is now being written under the title "The Blood of a Human, The Blood of a Dragon". You can find this on my profile, and I would suggest you read it first. Thank you. :)

---

Dedication goes to @AstroDove for critiquing every chapter. Thank you, you really helped :)

It also goes to @answerthecall and @zayilatan, my two biggest fans ^^ lol

UPDATE! This part has been edited as of 5/11/11 (day month year). This update is minor.

A/N: Welcome back to yet ANOTHER instalment of Dragon's Tooth!

We're starting off today with the first part of CHAPTER Three. It [this part] is a total of 1364 words, and I wrote 797 of those words minutes before posting (they took me a total of about 30-45 minutes ^^). I am, very please x)

_______________________________________________________________________________

Dragon's Tooth: Chapter Three: Part One of

Playing with the old clock face, the dim lamp light cast flickering shadows across the musty room. The sound of men’s voices, mugs against tables, and the rustle of paper swirled throughout the area. Crackling beneath the clock, the open fire provided a gentle warmth to the room.

                In a shadowy corner, hunched over a table, hood down, Zach stared at the dagger in his fingers. Over and over his fingers turned the smooth handle, the blade glinting softly as it caught the light. His deep green eyes lifted from his mindless game, staring blankly out into the room.

                Two men sat a little ways from him, their heads bent over some sort of board, occasionally one of them moving a small object across the said board. Two tables down from them, a group of three men sat. The clinking of metal against china, and the sound of their rising and falling voices created most of the noise in the room. Across the room from the door, leaning against the bar, the aproned inn keeper talked idly to one of his customers.

                Zach’s gaze shifted back to his still turning dagger, the peaceful haze of the room mocking his churning mind. Surely someone had seen it by now, something as big as that should not go unmissed. The town would soon be in an uproar, surely. Then why, why so peaceful?

                The clock hand groaned, clunking another minute forwards. The sound swirled with the peaceful chatter of the room, resounding through his mind. The dagger turned faster, the glinting now a single blur.

                And when were they going to arrive? They had said today, so where were they? His hand suddenly jolted to a stop.

                Hooves. On the road. Moving faster, coming closer. The door to the inn flung open, a wide eyed boy rushing in breathlessly behind it.

                “There’s, there’s fire in Danhuj!” The boy panted, his face like one startled from sleep. Zach rose. In the sudden flurry of moving chairs and hurried questions, no one noticed a shadow slip through the kitchen door and outside.

*******************************************************************************************************

The fire roared, flames snapping and scraping at their invisible cage. The dying screams were now but a mere haunting echo, lost in the inferno with their now crumpling ashen homes.