Dragon's Tooth: Prologue [edited: 25/10/11 (AEST)]

UPDATE: 22.01.14: Everything in this "book" is the old versions of a story I was working on when a younger teen. I have since deserted nearly everything about this story except the characters and a few basic plot points. What I didn't desert, plus a whole bunch of newer points, is now being written under the title "The Blood of a Human, The Blood of a Dragon". You can find this on my profile, and I would suggest you read it first. Thank you. :)

---

Dedication to zayilatan for inspiring me to start work on my novel again :)

THIS IS THE  OLD VERSION! I have left this work up because of all the helpful comments and votes ;)

But please, until the new version is finished, or reaches this point in the plot, DON'T CONTINUE READING!

A link to the new version is in the description on the side, since links don't work here :)

MANY PARTS OF THIS WORK ARE UNDERGOING EDITING. THE TITLE WILL SAY WHEN IT HAS BEEN EDITED, AND THE A/N'S WILL SAY WHAT HAS BEEN EDITED :)

A/N: I've changed the 3000 years to 1000 years, and have finally come up with names ^^ I've also fixed a few things that my lovely readers pointed out :D

_______________________________________________________________________________

Dragon's Tooth: Prologue

Once upon a 1000 years ago, dragon's roamed the country of Sayeke.

They caused harm to no one, living amongst the mountains and under the ocean, sometimes trained as pets to help in the villages and towns.

Their colours were beautiful: glowing blues, deep reds, emerald greens, night blacks, and pearl whites.

The legend has it, that one dragon from each colour; each possessed a power far above that of their dragon brethren. This power, unknown to any other but the dragon's themselves, could be passed to one of their offspring, to be passed down through the generations.

No human knew of this, and Sayekeona do not tell human's of the secrets of the world.

Once upon a 1000 years ago, screaming rang from Sulkran. The screaming was inhuman, a dying cry uttered from the lips of a klien.

The screaming continued for weeks, never falling on the ears of the Sayekean humans.

One night, it stopped.

Once upon a 1000 years ago, the war bell clanged in every village, in every town, in every tower, throughout the entirety of Sayeke.

Dying screams curdled the air, as mere humans were crushed beneath the brutal force of the power hungry Sulkranar.

None were prepared for this sudden cry of war, none had expected their borders to be broken.

The dragon’s swooped down, breathing fire onto the swarms of Sulkran armies. Many died to the dragons, but the Sulkranar had come with a purpose.

After three days of relentless fighting, the Sulkranar were gone. Fled in the night, back to their vessels.

Also gone in the night, was every trace, of every dragon.

Once upon a 1000 years later, the country of Sayeke has forgotten this war. Has forgotten the dragons ever roamed their mountains and shores.

Three days of history, lost, in the sea of 1000 years.

Some say, during the war, one dragon, of each colour, each possessing the strange power, bestowed a gift to a human child.

The legend says, that unlike the people of Sayeke, who are all born with eyes the colour of moonlight, these children’s eyes were the same colour as the dragon’s who bestowed the gift on them.

The legend continues, but the pages are burnt and torn, unreadable for human eyes.

The Sayekeona have not been since the war.

The Sulkranar has not stirred since the war.

No dragon has been seen since the war.

Or so it is thought.

~~~~~~~~ The tale of war, of betrayel, of evil, of good, of love, of hate, and of dragon's ~~~~~~~~

_______________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTE:

This story is _NOT_ recommended for  children under 13 years of age, as it contains:

detailed battle scenes, scary scenes, action scenes, fight scenes, fire scenes, drowning scenes, hunting scenes, sword fighting scenes, kissing scenes, mythical creatures, murder, torture, destruction, betrayal, swords that quench small amounts of fire, fireproof cloaks, "spell utterings", and powers from dragon's.

Contains _no_ s*x scenes, swearing, or witchcraft (unless you call the above witchcraft, but I don't).

THIS IS JUST THE PROLOGUE. JUST READING THIS DOES _NOT_ COUNT AS READING A CHAPTER! thank you.

This work is _not_ completed. It is a WIP novel, hopefully to reach around 150,000 words, that would be amazing. ^_^

I try and write aroundd 500 words a night, 4 days a week, giving me 2000 words a week. I like to upload every 1000 words ;)

I upload my chapters in parts, hence the: Chapter [X] Part [X]. When they're completed, I put an "of [X]".

I've tried a few methods, and this one seems to work :D

All feedback, positive and negative appreciated.

Don't forget to vote!

Enjoy! ----------------------------------------------->>>>

PS: Some of the comments below (from @JustJJ) are for the Part 2.

Due to technical glitches, and my sudden idea for a prologue, they just ended up here :P

So no, she's not crazy. Also, check out her works! She's amazing, and needs to upload!!