Chapter 27: Potions, Vows, and Fixtures

*~! Kaelynn's POV !~*

I was furious. I had waited practically all my life for this one moment to share with my mate, and I was simply hurt by his decision to go out and drink. It wasn't so much of the fact that he was out, but that he could potentially not be thinking straight when we said our vows. We had pushed to make it to our wedding day, and now that it was arriving, I couldn't help but want it to be perfect. I knew I was being selfish, childish even, and for that, I would apologize, he deserved one.

"Luna! It's your wedding day!" Savannah and Sierra sang as they entered my room. My babies were sleeping next to me, and before I could even open my eyes all the way, they had snatched them up, and were cooing. I smiled up at my two friends and my twins, pressing my lips to Darren and Kamryn's foreheads.

"Kae, Dakota's coming in a few minutes to pick Darren up-"

"He's coming here?" I blurted, immediately waking up.

"Yeah. You know the superstition isn't real, right?" Sierra giggled.

"I know, but I was mad at him yesterday. I was gonna apologize, but I didn't think it would e this soon," I winced, slowly climbing out of bed, and walking to the bathroom with my friend and my soon to be sister in law following.

"I'm sure you two will be okay. He seemed really excited to see you, not upset," Savannah shrugged, rubbing small circles on Kamryn's back as I brushed by teeth vigorously.

"Really? I yelled and I-"I paused to rinse. "I-I feel really bad about the whole thing."

"He's going to forgive you, Kae, you know that. But, as soon as he's gone, us girls are going to have some fun, okay? So do whatever you need to to make sure your day is a success," Savannah nodded just as the bell rang. I frowned, reaching for Darren, whom she handed over, and grabbed his baby bag from the nursery.

After I climbed down the stairs, I opened the door to come face to face with Kota. He looked slightly disheveled as he stood in front of me with a sad smile. I blushed under his gaze, shifting my eyes to the floor. Kota chuckled as he took a step into the pack house, so close to me that my breathing became shallow. I swallowed hard before lifting my eyes to meet his again, finally.

"Can we talk?" I asked, as if he wasn't already waiting on me to speak.

"Sure. Look, I know-"

"I'm sorry," I blurted, blinking twice at him. Kota smiled again, and leaned in to peck my lips.

"You're sorry?"

"I shouldn't have reacted like that. I just... This wedding means everything and so much more to me. I want it to be perfect, and when you called me, the first thing I thought about was you not being able to say your vows. That terrified me, and I just blew this way out of proportion, so, yes. I sincerely apologize for being insecure and childish and petty," I sighed, watching as he lifted his son into his arms, nodding along as I apologized.

"I accept your apology, but I apologize also. This means a lot to me also, okay, and I don't want to mess this up. My boss promoted me, and he wanted to celebrate, so we celebrated with a few drinks. Nothing more, nothing less, alright?"

"Okay. I trust you, and I want you to know I trust you, wholeheartedly."

"And I trust you too, babe," he grinned widely as he placed his lips back on mine, running his tongue across my bottom lip. I smiled before pulling away, and playfully hitting his chest.

"I love you," I whispered, caressing his cheek as Darren patted the left side of his face.

"I love you more. I know you have to get ready, so we're going to go get haircuts and-"