Chapter 21: I Missed You

*~! Kaelynn's POV !~*

I sighed as I entered the Jesse Weds' Planning building by myself. My stomach was about the size of a normal woman who was around four months into her pregnancy, even though it had only been a week and a half since I found out I was pregnant. My fingers tapped against my belly as I waited patiently for my meeting. Kota was supposed to be here, but the war had erupted so soon, he had yet to figure out a way to be with me, and to be on the battlefield.

It started with the vampires, not the rogues. The children were outside playing after school one day, and everything was happy at the pack house. All of the pack was prepared for war at any time, but the last training would be for vampires, and it was the day before that training would begin. They were the worst things, the vampires, and they were the second strongest under us mixed breeds. They made their way past the gate, biting anything that stood in their way. One of the children linked Kota, a skill she had just learned, and the men were outside in minutes. We lost three on the first day, which was new to us. And for the past three days, there had been brutal warfare.

I was housed off campus, no place anyone except my mate, our family and I knew about. I was all the way in San Francisco, where I had found a wedding planner. The house was about the size of my old apartment, and I liked how cozy it was. I hadn't spoken to Dakota in a week, and I could feel him beginning to get weak. He was losing power, and he wouldn't be any good unless I saw him. The one day he did sleep over was two days ago, but he just came in, and flopped. He was gone before I woke up, leaving me to be sad all alone.

"Ms. Matthews?" The woman behind the desk called, snapping me out of my sadness. I slowly stood, grabbing my purse, and walking towards the back of the building. There were wedding dresses everywhere, and I couldn't help the smile that fought it's way to my face. I had been dreaming of this day since my mother showed me who I was destined to be mated with. And now I missed him more than anything in this world.

I sighed again, something i had been doing a lot, and lazily fell in the chair the woman showed me to. She slid the door closed behind her once she exited, allowing me to have a minute alone before the consultant came in. After Kota told me I was going to be hiding in San Francisco, I began looking for a planner. I found out that Jesse Weds was the best wedding planner around, no pun intended. I immediately booked an appointment after scrolling through a few pictures in her portfolio. She specialized at crunch time weddings, and considering mine would be in two weeks, I needed her.

The door slowly opened, and my breath halted as I saw Kota walk in. His face looked sunken in, his beard had blown completely out instead of the normal shadow, and his body looked malnourished. I pouted as I stood, making my way to him. I pulled Kota's frail body to my chest, and held him as he hugged me with everything in him. I felt hot tears begin their way down my cheeks as we embraced each other. He didn't deserve this, none of us did! My poor baby looked as if he could pass out at any moment, and that angered me.

"I missed you," he whispered as he pulled away. He looked better already, and I smiled as he leaned and kissed my lips deeply.

"I missed you too, Kota," I frowned against his lips. "You need to stay with me for a little while, you're getting weak."

"I can't, baby. I know I don't look good, but I'm fine, really. I just want you to be safe," he declined like I knew he would. I took a seat in the same chair I did earlier, and pulled him into the one next to me.

"Kota, look at me," I moved his head to the left to look into his eyes. They weren't green anymore, they were now a lazy brown. My green, intense eyes, the eyes I loved, had subsided. "Is it bad?" I asked, holding his hand in mine.

"They've started another round. Every three days, they'll add a different species, or pack so they won't tire out. Now, it's vamps and witches," he sighed, moving his chair closer to mine. For the first time since he had been in this room, he smiled down at my stomach. I moved his hand to it, and immediately, our pups responded. Kota chuckled as two strong kicks came forcefully, making me wince a little, but I didn't want to ruin his moment.