Chapter 23:

A/N: IT HAS BEEN SO LONGGGG! I miss you guys, so I'm back!!! Things have been kind of hard for me, but it's okay, I'm back! So, with that, enjoy! I've said "I'm back" like eight times, lol. IM BACK!!

*~! Dakota's POV !~*

Everyone stood there, shocked. No one threatened to make a move until the final five rogues were killed which the pack took care of quickly. Once they were handled, I jetted to Savannah first, along with Grant. He was pissed, and his face was beet red as the both of us tried to untangle her. My eyes kept shifting between Savannah and my mate. I couldn't wait to have her back in my arms, but I knew she would've preferred we helped her best friend first.

It didn't take long to undo the knots, and once I finished the last one, I turned and Kaelynn was standing in front of me. She looked exhausted as I pulled her into my arms. Her arms wrapped tightly around my neck, and as we stood and embraced each other, I felt tears streaming down my cheek; I was beyond elated she was safe- she was back with her pack, after three days, and she was alright.

"Baby, are you okay?" I asked as I pulled away slightly. She gripped onto my hand, preventing me from taking a step back to look at her. "What's wrong?" I frowned, running my thumb across her cheek.

"D-don't leave me," she whispered, pulling me back to her. I chuckled slightly as I clutched her in my arms.

"I'm right here baby, but I need you to tell me if you're hurting," I smiled down at her.

"M-my stomach h-hurts, and I'm h-h-hungry," she stuttered. I frowned as I noticed her begin to shutter and flinch.

"Someone call Aunt Silvia, and tell her to meet us at the pack house!" I called over the silent forest, and my men nodded, howling, and scurrying away. Grant lifted Savannah, who was hurt also, in his arms, and headed towards the pack house. It was just down the street from here, and I knew she would make it in enough time.

"Kota, I don't feel well," Kaelynn nodded lazily as I examined her face. Whatever they gave her was killing her slowly, and I could see her soul reluctantly giving up. She had been through way too much to be as young as she was, and it was finally taking a toll on her.

"Stay with me baby!" I kissed her lips, and her eyes snapped back open. "Please, stay awake. We're gonna get you to the pack house, okay?" I shouted, in attempt to keep her awake.

"O-okay!" Now she was beginning to become hyper. Kaelynn sprang out of my arms, and began almost running towards the pack house. Had it not been for her pregnancy, she would've been sprinting by now. I jogged a little to keep up with her, and in a few minutes, we were at the pack house, the hospital ward.

My mate's eyes widened as she examined everything in the hospital ward. Everything was new as a result of the war. She ran her petite fingers across everything, and cooed at it all. My hand was placed at the small of her back to keep her stabilized as we made our way to the emergency section. Suddenly, Kaelynn stopped, and turned towards me with a smirk planted on her face.

"Baby, if you wanted it, all you had to do was ask," she attempted to purr seductively as I grimaced. They had injected her with a hallucinogen, and it was causing her mood swings to intensify, and come rapidly.

"Kaelynn, I need you to focus, okay? Look at me," I commanded. I watched as her mood changed again, except this time, she was angry.

"You don't want me because I'm fat?!" She screamed as I pushed open the double doors. Aunt Silvia was waiting there, and I was grateful. I had no idea how to handle this, and I was nervous to see if Kae and our children would be okay.