Chapter 18: Planning

Darling, I'm waiting in the cold,
Holding this umbrella for you.
Raindrops make me feel romantic,
Let's run away, sail to the Atlantic.

Two of us, such a wonderful pair,
Stuck inside this love affair.
Try to make you smile,
With you is worth the while,
The only one I call,
All I do is to read out.

Why don't you come and lay with me?
Let's make a couple babies.
I know we're still so young,
The idea seems crazy.

Your love makes every day of mine worth it
Sometimes I wonder if I even deserve it.
Look in my eye, and know how I feel,
I know it's real, girl, let's close the deal.

Darling, you and me strolling down the street,
Talking about our dreams and pebbles.
I wanna hear about everything you know,
The places we could go, the songs that we could sing.

The two of us, such a wonderful pair,
Stuck inside this love affair.
I know you like when I hold you tight,
What's your favorite color?
Let me know and I'll paint the sky.

And all I wanna do is make love till the morning
A one way ticket to paradise, the love train is boarding.

Your love makes every day of mine worth it
Sometimes I wonder if I even deserve it.
Look in my eye, and know how I feel,
I know it's real, girl, let's close the deal.

Mac Miller ~ Love Affair

*~! Dakota's POV !~*

It was silent as the both of us laid there. I was awake, I knew she was awake, and she knew I was no longer sleeping also. Her breathing was still slowed, and she had blocked me. I sighed, unable to see what had her so upset. I finally turned over to see her eyes shut just as I looked. I chuckled lowly, shaking my head at my mate.

"Baby, I know you're awake," I whispered, running my hand over her stomach, the place our future child will harbor soon. Her eyes slowly slid open, eventually making their way to mine. We stared, each of us determined not to be the one to speak first. I knew Alpha had paid her Luna a visit, but I wasn't aware of what he said to her. He had the ability to block me from his thoughts and actions, but her Luna was wide open to her. Luna would tell Kaelynn everything, but her vampire wouldn't. Neither of ours would.

The vampires never got along between us, and we rarely let them speak. They hated each other, it was too much power between the two. They constantly wanted to kill one another just to secure their superiority, and I would never want to kill my mate, so they stayed subsided.

Her eyes looked lighter than yesterday, and with the way she stared at me, I wanted to draw every detail. Her whole body was a master piece, every inch of it was meant to be written or drawn just so it could live forever. Pencil marks are forever permanent, and the memories are also. A small smile came across my face, and hers remained hardened, but I could tell she wanted to speak just as bad as I did.

"Good morning," I finally opted, and shock came over her face. "I do not want to play this game with you today," I grumbled as I stood, walking over to her side, and kneeling next to the bed. Her legs swung over as she looked down at me, a small smirk on her face.

"Who said it was a game?" She replied, making me scoff.

"I just said I'm not doing it!" I barked, making her jump back, and nod in response.

"O-okay," she whispered, her eyes slowly becoming darker. They were light when she was happy, and darkened when she was upset, or scared.

"Thank you. Now, what do you want to do today?" I pulled her hand in mine, and kissed the five lined knuckles.