Chapter 16: You Are Crazy

A/N: Early update, but you guys deserve it! Let me just say thank you to everyone who messaged me recently, and I appreciate your encouraging words more than anything. You guys have inspired me to keep reading, and I thank you so much. And for that, I will be starting a new book VERY soon. So make sure you read the description at the end of this chapter and tell me what you think about it.

~CasuallyMe

*~! Dakota's POV !~*

I slammed the door shut as I pulled my hood over my head, and left. I was pissed, beyond measure, and although she was in heat, I couldn't stand to be around her in that moment. It was dangerous to leave her alone, but I couldn't bare it. It wasn't the fact she didn't want to get married, it was the fact she didn't trust in our relationship enough to think we could make it. It frustrated me that she didn't trust me, and it made me feel like her love for me was false.

I headed down the street just as it began raining. I cursed silently under my breath as I picked up my pace, starting to jog. I had on shorts and a jacket anyways, making it look like I came outside to work out. I neared a diner a few miles away from my condo, and slipped in. My parents owned it, and I knew they would be there; I could use their advice. I took a step inside the small building, removing my hood as the bell sounded, signaling my arrival. I sighed as I took a seat, and noticed my mom coming out from the back. It was rather crowded that day, but she smiled and found a seat next to me.

"Hey son," she pecked my cheek.

"Hi mom," I grumbled, and I knew she could sense my attitude.

"What's wrong? And where's my daughter-in-law?" She cocked her head to the side.

"Ugh, I don't even want to talk about her, right now," I scoffed.

"Okay, well, anyways, tomorrow your father and I -"

"You know I just don't understand it, mom. It's like she loves me, and then she does against her word by saying something that hurts me!" I screeched, making everyone's attention turn to me.

"I thought you said you didn't want to talk about it," my mom whispered.

"I don't."

"So we won't. Anyways, we're going to start planning a -"

"And I trusted her! That's the big thing that gets to me! For six whole months, I told her everything about me, and I fell in love with her. I, out of all people, mom. I fell in love with her, and she just throws that in my face? Really?" I screeched again, but in the form of a whisper as I felt my eyes get damp.

"Dakota, just tell me what happened," my mom sighed, placing her hand on my back, and making circles.

"I don't wanna talk about it," I growled, making her hand come up, and hit my head.

"Ow, mom! You're just like her," I mumbled and she laughed a little.

"Well you sure as hell aren't going to keep interrupting me, so speak," she commanded.

"She - we were talking about one day having children, and you know both of us love kids. She was excited about even starting to try for a baby soon, but as soon as I brought up marriage, she freaked out. I mean, she did the same thing when we first started dating, but I didn't know she would still have that anxiety. I don't even know what her issue is, mom. I love her with everything in me, and I would give her the entire world if she asked for it. I really don't understand why she is so scared to trust me," I admitted.

"Dakota, the exact same thing happened to me. I was terrified of marrying your father, although I knew we would be together for life. I wanted kids so bad, but he refused until we got married. Look at it from a girl's perspective: you dream about your wedding day from the time you're born. You're expected to marry the perfect guy, give him your body and have his children, you're supposed to work and still be at home cooking and cleaning. You are to love your husband as long as you live, but you're supposed to do everything else at the same time. Marriages are scary, Dakota. You want everything to be planned carefully, and you have to know it's the right person. There's a lot of pressure on Kaelynn with the new pack and everything. Just - give her a few hours to cool off, and go talk to her," my mom advised as I nodded. Maybe she was under a lot of pressure? I shouldn't have been that hard on her, after all she went through, it was understandable why she had trust issues.