Chapter 18: Dani V and Danny P

"She's with her boyfriend," Melissa mutters. "Why are they here?! Anna doesn't like it here."

Anna claps her hands in amazement, "This is awesome. We can all eat together."

Melissa rolls her eyes. She never did that before every time Anna's around. Maybe, she gets annoyed by the boyfriend's presence.

"Oh, um, Dani," Anna says, "meet my boyfriend, Danny."

I stare at Anna then to her boyfriend confusedly. He looks substantially gorgeous though.

"Nice to meet you, Dani, we have the same names," he says in a very low voice, much like Patrick the star from Spongebob. He sounds kind of dumb, actually. "Mine is spelt D-A-N-N-Y, yours?"

"D-A-N-I," I smile falsely.

"Maybe," again with that Patrick voice, "when the four of us hang out, we should call you, Dani V, and me as Danny P," he suggests to avoid confusion since our names sound exactly the same.

"And what do those mean, the V and P?" I ask.

Danny chuckles, "You're gonna be Dani Vagina... and I'm gonna be Danny Penis." Both he and Anna laugh so hard, holy crap he does sound like Patrick especially when he laughs while Melissa and I just stare at each other. She mouths me, not funny. I just nod.

"Ah..." I say.

"Okay, Dani V and Danny P," Anna starts, "what if you two were a couple, what would your ship name be?"

My mouth drops open, "But, Anna, I don't want a dick any near me, no offense Danny P."

"Yeah, Anna," Melissa says, annoyed, stands up and transfers to a seat next to me. "She doesn't like dicks. Don't ship her with someone who has. Also, you're shipping my girlfriend with your boyfriend. Don't be ridiculous."

She and Danny P laugh again. What is wrong with these two? What's so funny? Eventually, they both sit with us, Anna opposite to Melissa while Danny P and I are opposite to each other.

After a few moments, Anna stands up to get their order. She comes back with two happy meals and with loads of ketchup sachet. Why are they copying our orders? My attention goes back to Danny P. His laugh just makes me uncomfortable. "So, Danny P, what's it like..." having a voice like Patrick the star, "w-what's it like... k-kissing Anna?"

Crap. Stupid question.

Danny P smiles, "You know, Dani V, kissing her is the best feeling in the world." He looks at Anna intently, making Melissa uncomfortable.

"Yeah?" Anna giggles, eyeing her boyfriend.

"Heteros," rolling her eyes, Melissa mumbles quietly to my ear.

Not knowing what to reply, I just whisper to her, "Anna's bi."

Melissa just shoots a glare then mumbles in Spanish.

Danny P continues, "Being in a relationship with Anna is the best thing in the world. She's the best thing that god has given me and I'm so thankful for that." He slips his fingers into Anna's, "Holding her hand gives me chills. And... I-I'm gonna marry her."

"What?!" Melissa replies in surprise. Her dark brown eyes widen, making Danny P tremble. She's hurting. I should never have opened a topic about kissing Anna.

Danny P wets his lips, "I-I'm gonna marry her, Melissa."

"You what?!" she says, nostrils flaring in anger.

"Look, Mel."

"Don't call me that."

"Look, Melissa, I know you've been friends with Anna for eight years. You've been there for her since you guys were still thirteen. I know that. Anna is of legal age now. She's 21. She can get married to me. I really appreciate what you've done for her for the past few years."