Chapter 15: Get'cha Head in the Game

So, for the second time, I sneak out of the house again but it's with Melissa this time. She just wouldn't stop begging me to have fun. She hasn't even finished writing my essay yet. Oh god, if mom finds out about this again, I might kick Melissa out. I just hope no one knocks in my room tonight. I was supposed to tell grandma about this but... hmmm, rather not.

Melissa and I walk to her car parked a few blocks away from my parent's house. "Where are we heading?" I ask.

"I don't know," she hops into her convertible.

I just drop my mouth in disappointment, "You don't know?" She just shrugs. What the actual crap? I really like her car though.

Oh, let's go this awesome place and then we'll have fun, I mimic her mentally then roll my eyes. I guess I'd rather stay quiet. I'm pretty much annoyed again. Can't believe she's bossed me over once more. Melissa starts the engine and the vehicle rumbles beneath us. She then drives and sometimes talks gibberish.

I really like the moon tonight. It is shaped like an orb, that glimmers down a thin argent-silver radiance onto the streets, bathing us with light in the shady night. I feel like I'm in some highway journey that's never going to end. Maybe, because of her car, it's a little bit old but classy. Also, why is she so clothed? It's not even that cold.

Oh, but I have a plan B and you will like this very much... Plan B my ass! I'm bored, very bored. She's been driving for several minutes and we're heading nowhere. We've passed small shops and pet stores, law offices and mom's pizzeria, Anna's favorite coffee shop and McDonald's. Eventually, she stops driving when we arrived at school.

This place is hell. Why did we stop here?

"Come on. Follow me," she climbs out and I follow her. Melissa heads to the school's main entrance. She just twists the entrance's handle and proceeds inside.

"Holy crap!" I mutter in surprise. "What are you doing? What if we'll get caught?"

She ignores me. I just follow her inside. The hallways are so dark and quiet, but all I see is hell. Every wall and locker just remind me of the days Marcus Cowen would shove me.

"Hey, walk faster," Melissa demands.

"It's dark, I can't see," I reply.

Melissa's vague silhouette suddenly stops. She cracks something that seems like a door and she opens it. Both of us enter the empty basketball gym. A single yet bright spotlight provides a wide luminosity on the right side of the court, where a basketball hoop is located.

"Let's play," she grabs a ball placed on the side of the entrance and bounces it off. She does a spider dribble and attempts to shoot the ball but misses. "Oh, fu---"

I push my glasses to the bridge of my nose, "But, I'm wearing glasses. I can't play."

"Who cares? There are no rules in here," she dribbles the ball again and attempts to shoot it, but misses once more. She gusts out air from her mouth, "Wait, I have a freakin' idea." She walks towards me and starts explaining. "You and I are gonna play basketball," she says in between minor pants, "alternate shots, and if we miss, we remove a piece of clothing... in any order."

I widen my eyes in surprise.

"W-what? Like strip b-basketball?" Is she crazy? What if someone sees us? I begin getting nervous. I'm really bad at basketball.

"Yeah, kind of" she smiles. "Oh, luckily, we're both wearing shoes. I hope you're wearing socks or a bra," she winks seductively.

Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god.