Act 9: Your Realization

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well.

To any fellow Puerto Ricans, Caribbean folk, and –overall– all those that've been affected by the passing of Hurricane María, I wish you all strength to persevere and to see a bright, new year, which is only a few months away. My condolences go to anyone who's lost loved ones during this phenomenon.

Now, I'm not sure how often I'll be on here, but I'll try to update whenever the chance arises! I'm currently using the occasional hotspots I find over on other towns to access the Internet and phone calls, since communications aren't well recovered yet.

Putting that aside, I hope you enjoy this update!

Take care and be seeing you. :)   

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

     "Wake up!" Two unknown voices called out in glee, causing for your drowsiness to be replaced with curiosity and for a jolt of energy to course through your body

     Slowly, you began to open your eyes, the blurry tattoo of two figures –one red and one blue; both of them short in height– making itself present the more you blinked and the more consciousness returned to your body. After a moment of fighting with your desire to stay in bed, you were able to wake up fully and stand up straight, facing the two with your eyes squinted in tiredness.

     "What's going o–" Your interrogative over what the pair of strangers were doing here was drowned out by a long yawn, muffled by the palm of your hand.

     A woman in a dark blue dress and turquoise hair reaching all the way down to the floor was standing before you, being accompanied by another woman with a hair cut similar to that of a bob and clad in more athletic clothing. Both women were smiling widely and neither of the two hesitated to take you by the hand and pull you up, the abrupt movement dizzying you and causing you to stumble a bit over your own feet.

     "Come, (Y/N)." The blue one called, her gloved hand tugging forward and head pointing towards the home's exit. "We must show you something important."

     "Yeah. .  . Now, c'mon, we're wasting time here!" The red one exclaimed, her hand letting go of yours and both of hers now balling into fists. Her arrival made you both wary and skeptical, with her appearance closely matching that of Eyeball's yet her personality proving to be much different. You tried to keep an open mind towards her sudden presence, knowing that it wouldn't be right to accuse or throw her off without so much as asking for her name and for the reason as to why she'd come over to your previously asleep state with the company of another unknown woman.

     "Wh- Where are we going?!" You questioned, not wanting to pull away from them, both in hopes of not being rude and due to the fact that Amethyst was standing close by without so much as making any surprised or concerned reaction towards witnessing these two women take you with them.

     Neither one of the two strangers bothered to respond to your startled inquiry; instead, they hastened their pace and –in less than you could blink– you found yourself standing outside the single door leading towards Steven's home, the heavy morning sun almost meaning to say hello with its bright rays aiming straight at your (bare/glass-shielded) eyes.

     Both women let you go the moment you all went down the stairs. With your bare feet making firm contact with the scorching sand, you found yourself dissimulating your tolerance towards the burning sensation. You shuffled on your feet for a while, stopping once adjusting yourself to the temperature and after hearing the red toned of the two strangers speak up.

     "Remember the thing we– uh, Garnet wanted to show you?" She asked.

     "I do." You nodded, holding back the urge to arch an eyebrow, mainly caused by your little knowledge over where these questions were leading you to.

     "Well. . . that's us!" She exclaimed, barely controlled excitement leaking out of each word. "We're. . ." She stopped, unable to find the proper words to explain the current situation in hand.

     She looked at the other woman and remained silent for a while, her brows furrowing as she pondered something over. Minutes after, her eyes brightened up and the silence was broken by her carrying on with her explanation.

     "I'm Ruby. . ." The woman instead chose to say, afterwards taking the other woman's gloved hand in her gloveless one and pulling her close, the simple action making the other grin and chuckle in delight. "And this is Sapphire!"

     "It's wonderful to meet you, (Y/N)." Sapphire acknowledged, a small smirk making itself apparent over her blue visage. "Now, if you'll excuse us. . ."

     Followed by those words were both their hands clasping with each other and the two settling themselves into a dancing position. It was an almost equally simple yet heartfelt session of gentle twirls, the women's bodies levitating the further they danced, laughed, and smiled. These actions continued on until their figures were no longer recognizable to your eyes and instead were morphed into what appeared to be figures of light, the shape now forming the body of a rather familiar Gem-acquaintance.

     It was Garnet; she'd appeared right before you, with a bright smile painted clear on her face and her feet standing firm in the ground with confidence.

     "And that's what we call fusion." She spoke, her feet coming to a stop the moment she stood an arm's length away from you. "Ruby and Sapphire. . . They are what make me, and that's why I wanted to present them to you before you leave tomorrow. I believe you're worthy of our trust– of theirs, Steven's, myself, and many more."

     She placed a hand over your shoulder, her merriment suddenly dissipating from her features and immediately being replaced with worry and reluctance. "That's what that flower's gemstone tried to do with you." Her movements seemed to get more tense the further she deepened her monologue. "When I realized what'd happened to you. . . I worried. For you to be put in danger that suddenly, and for me to be unable to do anything.  That –Fusion– is something that must be taken seriously and that should never be abused of. That's why I want to teach you as much as I can –even if you're going to leave tomorrow."

     She let go of your shoulder shortly after finishing with those words, afterwards trying to cover up her slightly trembling hand by straightening her posture and regaining some tranquility.

     Her sudden change of mood left you in bafflement. During all the months that'd passed ever since your first visit to Beach City, not once had you seen Garnet show any signs of fear; she appeared to be the most composed of all the people living on this household.  Now seeing her in such a state, it surprised you to see her act this way.

      "If there's anyone whom I would trust you to fuse with. . . it would be her." Garnet suddenly spoke again, her face tilting slightly towards the direction of the stairs.

      Turning your head around to that location, the first thing –or rather, person– you could spot was Pearl. The tall and pale-skinned woman was carrying what appeared to be a watering can in her hand, her target being the small gardening pot where a few of the moss flowers were being kept, for the sake of both investigation and their safety. She finished up watering those flowers and then carried on to water other plants, her duty being put to a stop once the watering can ran out of its vitalizing and crystalline liquid.

     Before going off in search for more water, she chose to glance a quick look at her surroundings, causing you to tense up as her eyes briefly met with yours.

     Not knowing what reaction to demonstrate towards this situation, you moved your gaze away from Pearl's, not wanting for her to meet with your gaze for any longer than a second. You instead chose to look back to where Garnet was standing at and question her about the matter.

~  ~  ⭐️  ~  ~