An Old "x Reader" One-Shot / Author's Note

Hey guys!

First of all, I would like to apologize for this not being a continuation to the storyline. It's been two weeks since the last update, and I've been trying to get back on track.

Even though hurricane Irma has passed, the Caribbean is currently under Hurricane Warning for María. Due that and other matters, I'll be postponing Act 9 until either Friday or Monday, depending on how things turn out.

This update is just a lil' one-shot I wrote on 2014-15 (back when I was just getting into SU). I believed I could share it to show how much things have changed since then!

It's very (very) rookie-ish/unedited writing, and it was supposed to be an Amethyst x Reader which got discontinued— though, I do remember just how much I enjoyed writing this piece. . . (I was obsessed back then. 😅)

Now, without further ado, I hope you enjoy this one-shot special (?), and to all those in danger of a hurricane, please take care and stay safe!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As yet another year passed on, I watched glumly as the other trapped gems floated about the enclosed area. I, in these two hundred years, had done nothing but stare at this room, I had observed it to the point where I could easily navigate through it with my vision and senses shut down, if ever given the chance.

But today was the day. Today was the day I would be set free. All I needed was for this human child called 'Steeven' to do so.

Besides observing this room for two hundred years, I also analyzed the beings which entered and exited this place. I had analyzed that this 'Steeven' would be the one who would set me free so as long as I... enticed him.

Today, according their usual schedule, the rebels, along with 'Steeven', would show up if they successfully managed to cage, or 'bubble', in this case, a Gem cluster. Today was the day I felt most impatient. I had never felt more impatient in these two hundred years of my living in this 'bubble prison'.

After what seemed to be a couple of earth rotations, the room suddenly boomed with sound. Four— no, five beings had showed up today. One of them, to my surprise, was the one 'Steeven' had released from the 'bubble prison'.

I wonder... What did these rebels do to convince a servant of a Diamond to join them?

As I looked at the afro-haired gem with a tall, yet built figure, I felt curious yet slightly saddened for another gem which would be added to this pink bubble prison of insanity. They exchanged a few words and seemed quite happy, much to my disgust.

While I watched, however, there were two beings staring at me. One was the long-haired Gem, known as 'Amethyst' and the other was 'Steeven'.

What had gotten them to look at me?

Had I accidentally moved or caused a distraction?

The other gems had already left and had called for the two to follow. They both exchanged glances and later looked at my curiously. As they did so, I felt my nervousness suddenly return back to me.

What if they were planning on placing me on a stronger bubble prison?

No— This couldn't possibly happen. I had to think of something, and it had to be quick.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was, what these beings referred to as 'the nighttime'. I, at this Earth time, was used to perform what humans referred to as 'over thinking', yet this time, I could not think at all. Tension had me by the throat and I could not process anything.