❝ missing you, already ❞

Zonnique

I sat in the lobby playing temple run on my cellphone. I've been sitting here for almost three hours now. Honestly I'm tired and ready to leave. Bad enough all these motherfuckers keep looking at me. I had to cuss this old lady out. She gon ask me "aren't you a little young to have kids?" I replied, "Bitch aren't you too old to be in my damn business?" Shit. I'm on my menstrual cycle and I'm about to spazz at any moment now. I continued playing, sucking my teeth every time this nigga died.

"Zonnique."

"What?" I looked up to see Zoey.

"He's here."

"Great. Do you want a fucking cookie now?" I scoffed and looked back down at my phone.

Suddenly I felt him grab me roughly, pulling me outside of the hospital. I breathed heavily in annoyance as he gripped my arm tighter.

"Zonnique I don't know what the fuck has gotten into you these past hours but you better check yourself and fast." He scolded.

"Or what?" I spat.

"Do you think I'm playing?"

"I think you bettet get your fucking hands off me." I gritted and tried squirming out his grip.

People began to stare oddly at us. Zoey clenched his jaw and let me go.

"I'm sick of you."

"Well fuck you Zoey!"

I stomped away from him and went back into the hospital. I grabbed Kami then walked back out. Honestly I may be overreacting but I don't care. I'm pissed off and I just want to go home. I need a break from Zoey and all this extra bullshit. Maybe its best if we took some time away from eachother.

"Where are you going?" He asked in confusion.

"Away from you." I said zipping up Kami's jacket.

"I don't wanna leave Zoey.." she pouted.

"I don't care what you want right now Kami."

"Stop talking to her like that-"

"You!" I pointed at him. "You, sir, can shut the fuck up and mind your business. Shouldn't you be with your baby and girlfriend?"

Zoey chuckled in disbelief. "You know what, bye." He walked away and back into the hospital.

"You're a meanie!" Kami screamed.

"Whatever, lets go." I grabbed her hand and began walking down the street.

It was beginning to get dark so I needed to find away to the nearest aiport. I went to google maps and searched. Once I found an airport, we took the first bus there. So long Florida- here I come Los Angeles.

•••

Two months later

"Sissy how does my hair look?" Kami asked before entering the classroom.

I crouched down and smiled at her. "Babe you're perfect."

She smiled back then hugged me tightly. "I love you so much."

"I love you more princess."

"And you're my queen."

"Forever."

I stood up straight then high fived her. "Have a great first day champ!" She nodded and waved at me before walking inside the classroom. I cannot believe my little baby is starting first grade. She's growing up and its making me emotional. Over these last two months, things have been great. We moved into this small beach house near the store, surrounded by beautiful attractions. It's so much better than New York. I'm taking online classes for nursing and money isn't an issue, since I have money from the robbery. I know it sounds bad but whatever. But I'm working at this shoe store at the mall anyways. I haven't spoken to Zoey and honestly I'm not mad. Obviously he doesn't care as much as I thought. I hope he's fucking happy with Alana. Because I'm sure they've fucked and they're living happily ever after.