❝ dante ❞

Zonnique

"Do you remember where the house was?" I asked Kami, while washing her hair thoroughly. She shook her head no and closed her eyes to prevent the soap from getting in her eyes. "What about what it looks like?"

"It was big and white. When we got out the car, I saw a sign.."

My eyes widened. "Do you remember what it said?"

"Um.. it said Mar..berry?"

"Hm.."

"Sissy."

"Yes?"

She frowned. "I thought you said you weren't going to let the bad men get me?"

I tucked my lips in. "Im sorry Kami.."

"Kay."

Marbury street. That must be where Alana is. I hope she's okay. Tomorrow morning we're going to go look for her. I finished bathing Kami and brushed her teeth afterwards. She looked so much better now and I know why. I put pajamas on, creamed her body with lotion then took her ouy the bathroom. The day had came to an end as the time rolled over to ten o'clock. I was more than exhausted by this point. I laid Kami in the extra bed and tucked her in.

"Sissy can you lay here until I fall asleep?" She asked softly.

I nodded and climbed into the bed. Kami cuddled up next to me, laying her head on my chest. I played with her soft brown hair combing my fingers through it. Within minutes I heard her sleeping peacefully. Since Zoey was out, I decided just to go to bed as well. I yawned and closed my eyes drifting into a deep slumber.

•••

Sounds of rumbling and rustling caused me to lift my head. I looked up to see Zoey stuffing his clothes back in the bag. I'm assuming we're about to leave again. I sat up and gently slid Kami off my chest. She contined sleeping making a whimper. I kissed her forehead and swung my feet off the bed, standing. Zoey looked over at me with a somewhat relieved look over his face.

"Where did you go last night?" I asked.

"Look outside."

I raised my eyebrow. "Okay?" I walked over to the Windows and opened the curtains. My eyes landed on a all black mustang convertible car. "Holy shit! Where's the red car?

"I took it down to the car shop and got it cremated."

"Wow..."

"Yeah so get yourself and Kami ready." He said before picking up his phone and unlocking it.

I shrugged then went into the bathroom. I showered and got myself ready for today. The process of doing my hair, make-up, and putting on clothes took about forty five minutes. I tied my boots then walked back out to the room. To my surprise Kami was up and fully dressed already. She must've noticed I wasn't in bed with her anymore. She put on one of her flower headbands and bracelets. She's such a girly girl.

"Look Niq-Niq." Kami said flashing a million dollar smile.

"You look gorgeous."

"Thank you."

"Where are we going now?" She asked in a confused tone.

"To find Alana like I told you last night." I said with a laugh.

"Kay."

I nodded and handed Kami her backpack while putting on mine. We headed out the hotel and down to the car. Zoey got in the driver's seat while I strapped my sister in the back. Afterwards I got in my seat and rested my elbow on the window. As Zoe began to drive, the wind blew through my hair causing me to move some of it behind my ears.