❝ scared & addicted ❞

Alana **New**

I followed behind Zoey, Zonnique, and her little sister. I wasn't to being around a lot people. I usually stay to myself and just chill. But right now I'm just feeling overwhelmed, paranoid, and scared. There's a possibility Travis will track me down and beat me worst than last time. He's the guy Zoey punched in the face awhile ago. Ever since then, Travis has been abusive and possessive over me. He constantly goes through me phone or watches my every move. It's creepy. I actually had to sneak out of the house just to come here. He's stressing me out and raising my blood pressure which isnt good for the baby. Sometimes Travis would try and purposely hurt the baby. He's jealous that Zoey's the father which I find strange. I just want to get away from him.

"Hi Alana." Kami said looking up at me as we walked.

"Hey there cutie."

She giggled. "You have have pretty hair."

"Thanks but yours is even prettier." I said with a strained smile.

"Tank you."

"Kami stop bothering people gosh." Zonnique joked.

"No she's fine." I reassured nodding my head.

"My sister is mean sometimes." Kami glared at Zonnique playfully and smirked.

"I am not."

"You are." Zoey added.

"I think you're nice." I said.

She smiled at me. "Thank you!"

Before I could reply, I got a text message so I opened it up and began to read.

Travis:

Who the fuck told you to leave this house? Watch when I find you, I'm going to fuck you up Alana. Think this is a game.

I teared up then locked my phone. All I can do is ask why. What did I do to deserve this? I stopped walking and sat on the bench. I buried my face into my hands and silently cried. I'm overly emotional from Travis as well as this baby. He's going to be here soon and I don't want Travis to try and hurt him.

"Alana?"

I looked up to see Zonnique. Zoey and her sister continued walking.

"Why are you crying?" She asked sitting next to me.

"It's nothing.. don't worry about me."

"Well its obviously something. You don't have to keep secrets from me. I won't judge you or anything." She said sincerely. For some reason I felt like I could trust her and I barely know the girl.

"Okay so remember when I came to Zoey's house with all the bruises?"

She nodded.

"They were from my ex boyfriend Travis. He started beating on me about a couple ago. I never told anyone because I was scared. He's crazy Zonnique." I cried. "Then earlier Zoey was yelling at me because I didn't tell him."

She dropped her mouth in disbelief causing me to cry more. People were starring but I didn't even care.

"Wow that's fucked up. That's why you've been so timid and stuff?"

"Y-Yes.. and I don't want people feeling bad for me. This is just something I'll have to deal with on my own." I sighed deeply.

Zonnique frowned. "Alana you're seven months pregnant girl. You can't keep allowing him to hurt you. Eventually it'll hurt that baby and I know you don't want that."