Nimbasa city

After two weeks of travelling Akira and Will made their way to Nimbasa city. After visiting the poke’mon centre and finding a place to stay for the night, the pair made their way towards the carnival which housed the Nimbasa gym.

“These gym leaders are weird,” Will commented as they walked.

“How so?”

“Well in other regions they generally just stay in their gyms, whereas here their gyms have alternate uses, like the restaurant.”

“It’s multi-tasking, it makes sense if you ask me,” Akira shrugged as they reached the front gate.

“It’s just before the Ferris wheel, good luck Akira,” Will smiled stopping at the gate.

“Thanks Will,” Akira grinned back before continuing forward.  Twenty or so minutes later Akira exited the poke’mon gym holding the Bolt badge up into the light, so she could see it better. As she walked Akira was bumped by a child running passed causing her to drop the badge. Crying in alarm Akira lunged for the badge covering it before it could be stolen or broken. Sighing Akira picked the badge up and pinned it to the inside of her bag to keep it safe. As she went to get up she was knocked back down and trampled by a bunch of people running to the front entrance. Growling the eighteen year old picked herself up off of the ground and noticed that the crowd was standing about where Will had been standing earlier. Grumbling under her breath Akira brushed herself off and shuffled towards the entrance. As she reached the entrance she could see Will’s bandanna over the top of the crowd.

‘Doesn’t he ever get tired of the crowds?’ she wondered trying to find a way to her friend.

As she made her way through the crowd Akira accidentally bumped one of the people, causing them to fall backwards into another person. The person that she bumped got up angrily and grabbed Akira’s bag, stopping her from going anywhere.

“Hey you should apologise when you knock people down,” he growled.

“Oh sorry I was trying to…”

“Look kid we all want to see the poke’mon champion, just wait your turn,” he interrupted, shoving her out of the crowd.

Akira huffed in annoyance and walked over to the fence, waiting for the crowd to disperse.

‘You know once you’re famous this will happen too,’ came a comment from Spirit as she waited.

After a few minutes a boy about Akira’s age, with red hair and green eyes stopped next to her. The boy cleared his throat trying to gain her attention, she looked up and had to do a double check to make sure that it was who she thought it was.

“How’s life been Akira?” Nate asked smirking at her reaction.

“Nate?”

“Yep,”

“Wow it’s been what eight years?”

“Approximately that yeah….how about a poke’mon battle?”

“Well…”

“It’ll only be a one on one battle please?”

“Why?”

“I want to see who’s the better trainer.”

“Alright I guess if it’s only a one on one…”

“Excellent, let’s see if you’ve improved,” Nate grinned moving a few metres away “Let’s go Swampert.”

The poke’ball bounced and opened a large blue poke’mon appeared on the pavement, it had orange guards on its arms and legs as well as orange spikes on its cheeks. The poke’mon also had large dark blue fins above its eyes and a larger fin for its tail.