Meeting Torchic

We begin our story in a house, situated in the forest surrounding Fortree City (Hoenn region). The house had two storeys to it, the second storey housed three bedrooms, a bathroom and a study. While the first storey held a kitchen, second bathroom, living room, laundry and dining room. Inside the living room sat a five year old girl. She wore a grey long sleeve shirt, with faded blue jeans. On each leg of the jeans the picture of a poke’ball could be seen near the bottom. Each poke’ball was different in colour, the one on her right leg was white with a black outline, while the ball on her left was black with a white outline. She was flipping through a picture book when she heard the front door open, she lifted her turquoise eyes from the page she was reading and watched as her mother and father entered the room. The girl squealed in delight, dropped her book and ran to her parents who had just appeared in the doorway. Her mother laughed while bending down to pick up the energetic girl.

“Welcome home mum and dad,” the girl giggled as her mother picked her up.

“It’s good to be home Akira,” her father answered, smiling at his daughter.

Akira smiled at her father and reached out for him, trying to hug him. When her father pulled away, the girl was slightly confused.

“Daddy what’s wrong? What have you got behind your back?” Akira asked.

Her dad grinned at her and brought his hands to the front of his body, showing what he had hidden behind his back.

Her mother laughed as Akira practically jumped out of her arms to take a closer look at the poke’mon egg that her father was holding.

The little girl gasped and extended her hand toward the egg and frowned.

“Didn’t you say that it’s bad to remove eggs from their nests?” Akira asked, while staring at the egg.

“Yes it is bad to do that, but your father and I found this one abandoned near the stream,” her mother explained.

“I see...so we’re going to keep it then?”

“Yes we are.”

A few months later...  

“MUMMY DADDY come look it moved!” Akira shouted bouncing up and down on the spot, her soft brown hair flailed around her face from her bouncing.

Akira’s mother and father walked into the room and sat down either side of their hyper active daughter.

The egg started rocking more, after a few minutes cracks started to appear all over the surface of the egg. After a few more seconds holes began appearing all over the egg, then the egg suddenly shattered leaving a small orange creature in the centre of the eggs’ remains.

“IT’S SO CUTE,” the five year old squealed, the girl got up and moved towards the orange creature, she stopped when the orange ball twitched. Akira froze when she saw the poke’mon move, the orange ball looked up at Akira. The poke’mon looked like a chick, it’s wings were a light orange and were directly under its head making it look like it had a cloak, on top of the poke’mon’s  head were three primary feathers which were the same colour as the chick’s wings. The poke’mon looked at the frozen girl before it, then glanced behind her at the girl’s parents. The poke’mon stood up and moved towards the frozen child, said child blinked and reached out towards the orange poke’mon. The poke’mon took this as an aggressive action and pecked the young girls’ hand. Akira jumped back hugging her hand to her chest.

“What’d you do that for!” Akira cried glaring at the poke’mon.

“TORCHIC,” the poke’mon growled.

“Torchic?” the girl mumbled.

“TOR chic,” the Torchic huffed, glaring at Akira.

“BADBOY torchic, you’re not meant to hurt people,” Akira scolded shaking her finger at the torchic.

The torchic tried to peck at the finger, thinking it was a worm for it to eat, Akira pulled the finger away as torchic went to peck at it.

“No torchic it’s bad for you to peck at people,” Akira grumbled at the torchic.

The torchic tilted its head to one side and moved closer to Akira, stopping a few centimetres from the girls face. The torchic blinked and touched its beak to Akira’s nose, Akira lunged forward and pulled the torchic into a hug.

“It seems that Akira has made a new friend Mina,” Cal stated.

 “So it seems Cal, so it seems,” Mina laughed.

End?