Chapter Nineteen

The next day all of us drive out into the middle of the forest. I rode with Stiles and Lydia, Scott behind us on his bike. We all get out of our cars and just look at each other in silence.

"Anyone else think we might be doing more harm than good?" Lydia asks us

"We're trying to kill a father from killing his own daughter," I told Lydia

"Actually we're trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote, who is actually his daughter, who we don't know how to change from a coyote back to his daughter," Isaac said with his usual level of sarcasm

"And again with the not helping," Stiles said from beside me

Scott ignored them and turned around to look at Allison. "Did you bring it?"

She nodded and opened the black trunk of her car. She got out a gun and held it in her hand. Then we all turned around, hearing three gun shots. Scott immediately got on his bike and drove away through the woods. Isaac ran after him. I would've gone with him but Stiles grabbed a hold of my wrist, he knows me too well. Stiles phone rang showing Lydia and I it was his dad.

"The doll? It came back for the doll? What the hell is so important about this doll?" Stiles said into his phone

"It's the doll," Stiles told me, looking me right in the eyes. What. He hung up the phone and look back at us. "Why would it go all the way to the school and all the way to the house just for a doll? One that was in the car reck, we didn't find it in the coyote den."

"It likes the doll. Who cares?" Lydia asks sarcastically

"Stiles, what kind of doll is it?" I asked as I stopped pacing

"I don't know, it's a doll. It's got little arms, a big baby head, and dead soulless eyes. Actually I took a pic, here," He said showing me his phone.

"That's Malia?" I said pointing to the girl in the blue jacket.

"Yeah, that's the jacket we found in the den."

"Stiles, she's not holding the doll," Lydia says looking over my shoulder.

"That's Malias younger sister. It's her doll," Stiles looked over to Lydia and I, wide eyed. "I know what she's doing. I know where she's going."

We started walking again, Lydia went to go catch up with Allison and Isaac. Stiles is on the phone with Scott, telling him everything we figured out. I was walking behind him when I heard something click on the ground. I looked down, my foot is caught in a bear trap.

"Stiles?" I said nervously

"Yeah?" He looked down at my foot and walked over to me.

"Stiles!"

"Bella, don't move."

"Look for a warning label," I told him

"A warning label?"

"Instructions on how to disarm it."

"Bel, why the hell would they put instructions on the bottom of a trap?"

"Because animals can't read."

Stiles bent down to look at the trap, "Bella, we got a problem."

"What now?"

"I can't read either."

"You don't need the instructions," I shook my head slowly, "When was the last time you've ever used instructions? You don't need them because you're too smart to waste your time with them, okay?" I said and he looked up at me. "You can figure it out. Stiles, you're the one who always figures it out. So you can do it. Figure it out."