Chapter Eighteen

Stiles POV

Scott dragged me out in the middle of the night to go find a dead body. We've been walking through the woods trying to help solve my dad's case. We haven't been talking much though.

"So, you gonna apologize to Bella?" Scott asked as we continued to walk through the forest.

"Why should I apologize?"

I mean, yes, I don't like that we are fighting but it wasn't all my fault.

Scott have me a glare, "Stiles, come on. She's going through a lot."

"You know, it seems like everyone's been giving her that excuse lately," I said moving around my arms

"Stiles! Seriously? I have to live with her. Just go talk to her."

"I did, and look where it got us."

"Okay, then I guess you two are never gonna make up."

This time I glared at him, "Alright," I throw my arms in the air, "Fine. I'll talk to her."

"Thank you," Scott says with a sarcastic smile.

***

Bella's POV

A few days later. I walked into history class and the only seat open is the one next to Stiles. Great

I sat down and I could feel his eyes on me, but I didn't dare meet his gaze.

"Alright everyone, we were just talking about interment campus and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I'd like to go over in more detail. Who would like to come up and read aloud for us?" Mr. Yukimura asked.

Of course no one raised their hands.

"Mr. Stilinski, how about you?"

Uh, oh. I don't think Stiles can read again yet.

"Maybe someone else could?" He asked

"I'll do it, Mr. Yukimura," I said trying to save Stiles from this horrible situation.

"Sorry, but everyone participates in this class. And it includes Mr. Stilinski."

"Okay," Stiles sighed and walked up to the podium.

He stood nervously as he tried to focus on the words. The more he tried to read the more he looked like he was going to faint.

"Stiles, you okay?" Scott asked

Stiles stumbled and I rushed over to catch him.

"I should take him to the nurses office," I said and the teacher gave me a nod to say it was okay.

I helped Stiles out of the classroom and into the locker room.

He fell through the doorway. This is not good.

"Stiles, look at me. Is this a panic attack?"

He stumbled over into the sink, "No. It's a dewam, it's a dream. This is just a dream," He said over and over again

"No it's not. This is real. You're here. You're here, and you're with me," I said trying to help. "Okay, well, um, when, when you try to tell if you're awake or dreaming you count your fingers right?" I say and Stiles nods

"Alright, so, er, how many fingers to I have?" I ask him holding up my hands, "Hey, Stiles. How many do I have? Stiles look at me and count with me."