Say it.

There was something on Raven's mind. Was it an unusual subject? Maybe. She just couldn't help it though.

Raven sat on her bed quietly think to herself. Maybe it was normal for her to question why they never said it to each other, herself and Damian to be more specific. Sure, they weren't a normal couple, but they had been dating long enough to the point where they were at least ready to say it, right?

Raven groaned in frustration. Why was it so hard for them to say it to each other? They weren't your ordinary lovey-dovey couple of course, but they were still a couple, right?

Sigh.

Raven glanced at her door as she felt someone, a familiar presence, standing beind it. Damian. Raven opened the door and smiled as her boyfriend came in and joined her on her bed. Raven blushed as the topic she'd just recently been thinking about flooded her memory. She took a deep breath and decided that she would just take her chances.

"Damian?"

"Yes, Rachel?"

"I've been meaning to ask you something." Rachel said while twiddling with her fingers.

Even though he was her boyfriend, she felt kind of nervous talking about this subject with Damian.

"Ask away beloved." he smiled.

"So, you know how normal couples are able to...um.." she trailed off.

"How normal couples are able to do what, princess?" he asked.

"They're able to..." she blushed as she tried to get the words to leave her mouth.

Damian smiled faded and turned into a look of concern. "Is everything okay beloved?"he asked worriedly.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I just don't really know how to ask you this." she let out a shaky breath.

Damian took her hands into his and smiled. "You can talk to me about anything princess. Just take a deep breath and ask me."

Raven closed her eyes and nodded. She took a deep breath and then let the old oxygen escape her lungs.

Raven opened her mouth to try again. "You know how normal couples are able to say...I love you?" she asked and staring into his green orbs.

"Is that all you wanted to ask me, my queen?" he said with a small smile gracing his lips. "You didn't have to be nervous about it, beloved."

"I know. I'm sorry." she put her head down in embarrassment.

He tilted her chin up so that she could meet his eyes. "Don't be." he smiled gently.

"So, why don't we ever say it to each other?" Raven asked shyly.

"I don't know, beloved. I only guessed that maybe you weren't ready to start saying it." he answered. "To be honest, I don't think I was quite ready to start saying it myself."

"Oh, so you aren't ready yet? " Raven asked sadly.

Damian smiled and shook his head. "I wasn't ready before beloved."

Raven perked up when he said this.

"Do you want to start?" he asked.

Raven looked down at her shoes and nodded. He saw a faint blush appear on her pale cheeks.

Damian grinned and pulled Raven to his side so that she could lay her head on his chest. He gently ran his fingers through her dark hair.

"I love you, wahidat jamila." he whispered in her ear.

Raven's blush grew. "I love you too, Damian."