Everything's Changed

Damian was jogging in the woods. He was trying to clear his mind. He had been thinking about a lot of things lately. Mostly about the incident with Deathstroke and Terra. Terra had killed Deathstroke, but some part of Damian believed that he was still alive. Damian groaned in frustration. This whole thing had been stressing him out for a while now.

When he got back to the tower he went into his room to change into a black hoodie and some jeans. He looked on his bed and saw a mask, Deathstrokes's mask. He eyed it cautiously as if it would move on it's own at any second. He walked over towards it slowly and picked it up. He stared at it as he walked out his room.
~~~~~~

He stood on the rooftop of the tower, mask still in his hands. He stood there lost in his thoughts as he just stared at the mask. 'What if Slade is still alive?' he continued to ask himself the same question over and over. He was shaken out if his thoughts by a familiar female voice. "

You know he's dead, right?"Raven said walking towards him.

He didn't answer for a while. He continued to stare at the mask until he finally spoke up.

"I...it's just- What if there's a small chance that he could've possibly survived? It may be very likely that he couldn't have survived Terra, but Slade's not someone who is easily taken down. As much as I hate to admit it, he's quite tough. What if he some how managed to escape again? I thought I had gotten rid of him a few years ago. Turns out...I was beyond wrong." Damian said and sighed.

Raven grabbed his hand gently. He turned his attention away from the mask and looked down at their hands, which were now intertwined. Raven gave him a small smile.

"Damian, you don't have to worry about him anymore. I know you're worried that he might come back, but he won't. He's gone." she reassured him.

He stared down at the mask one more time. "I guess you're right." he said and looked back at her. Raven didn't respond. She only pulled back her cloak to reveal a small, black puppy.

Damian raised an eyebrow at the puppy. The puppy mimicked Damian's action and raised an ear. Raven grinned as Damian's mouth began to twitch into a small smile.

"So, what are going to call him?" Raven asked.

"Y-you're giving him to me?" Damian stammered.

"Duh! What's his name going to be?" Raven asked, a small giggle escaping her lips.

Damian pondered for a second.

"How about..Titus?" Damian suggested.

"Titus, huh? Sounds interesting. Sounds perfect." Raven smiled and handed Damian the puppy.

Damian looked down at the puppy that was now staring up at him with his big brown eyes. 'He's actually kind of...cute.' Damian thought to himself.

He gave Raven a small smile that showed he was grateful. She gave him a kiss on the cheek, which caused his cheeks to turn a slight pink. Damian hadn't noticed until just then, but when he looked down at his hands he noticed that the mask was no longer there. He had dropped it. Damian smiled as he had felt a huge weight being lifted off of his shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Titans were all sitting on the couch just enjoying thenselve. Kori was video chatting with Richard, Garfield and Jaime were playing video games, and Cyborg and Donna were playing a game of chess. Raven and Damian walked into the room. Damian cleared his throat to get everyone's attention.

Garfield paused the game, "Dude, what's with the puppy?" he asked.

Everyone's attention was now on the puppy that was resting in Damian's arms.

"His name is Titus. He's our new pet." Damian said petting the dog.

Donna smiled and ran over to them. Soon everyone else did the same. "Aw, he's so cute!" Donna smiled and snatched the puppy from his hands.

"Where did he come from?" Garfield asked curiously.

Damian's cheeks turned a light pink. "Oh...um..Raven got him for me." He looked over to Raven who was blushing as well.

Everyone crowded around Donna and the puppy. Damian smiled and walked towards the large window that was in the common room. Raven looked behind her and saw him staring out of the window. She walked up behind him.

"Feeling better now?" she asked.

Damian turned his attention towards her. He smiled as he held her soft hands in his.

"I am now," he said smiling.

Raven grinned at him and learned towards him to give him a peck on the lips. Damian blushed.

"Raven?"

"Yes, Damian?" Raven said looking at him.

"Thank you, beloved."

I hope you enjoyed this second one shot! If so, then I am very glad that you did! Thank you for reading this chapter and my next chapter might be up tomorrow!✌💚