Elizabeth

I decided not to mention any incident from yesterday to my parents. I also neglected to mention the weird feelings I had. This might be a one-time thing. My parents worry way too much and today everything will go back to normal. 

Or so I thought until I saw him standing there in the hallway. He was looking inside of his locker and had not noticed me yet. From this perspective, I concluded he has a pretty nice ass. Oh gosh, now I am checking him out now.

"Elizabeth! Elizabeth!" said Olivia waving her hand in front of me. 

Oh yeah, she has been talking to me about how her mate has become increasingly possessive of her even though they found each other just a week ago. A common problem among female werewolves. I wanted to ignore her and delight myself with the eye candy in front of me, but I could not bring myself to do that.

"Olivia. This is more common than you can imagine. Most girls just submit to their mates and ignore the problem, but I do not personally agree with that. I think that you need to talk to him, sweetly, without fighting or blaming him and preferably while straddling him on a bed." I winked at her. 

I honestly have zero dating experience whatsoever. Unless, romance novels are considered. In that case, I'm a pro. I quickly leave her before she can say anything else and walk towards Isaiah. I decided to finally follow my father's advice.

I touched his shoulder to get his attention. He flinched and turned around with a scared look on his face, but he relaxed once he saw me. 

"Hello! there!" I grinned.

He gave me a small smile. Looking at his eyes across his glasses, I realized how much he is towering over me. He's probably one foot or so taller than me. It's not uncommon to find people taller than me, since I am just 5 feet 0 inches, yes zero! But he's taller than average.

"Good morning, Elizabeth. Is there something the matter?"

People had begun staring again. I didn't think this through. Ugggh, I hate this. I don't want to put him in an even more uncomfortable situation. What if they bully him for being close to me? 

The whispers had already started, I decided to block them all.

"Everything is fine! I just remembered that the literature teacher said that we should get along. So I wanted to say hello to you today but you were not looking." I lied. 

I nodded my head towards the growing 'mob' and gave him a pleading look before winking discreetly so only he could see it. I wish I could mindlink him but we are not in the same pack. Please understand me! 

His eyes flickered with realization. "Thank you for being so nice. See you in class then," he smiled a little. 

Yes! He understood. I walked away before getting him in trouble. Would you be my friend? is what I wanted to say. I couldn't do that with the nosy people staring but today I will say it!

Some people were saying things like "oh, she is an angel," "she truly is nice to everyone," "I hope that she is my mate." No! just no. I wasn't nice. I talked to him like I was being forced to by a teacher, not like a real friend. They don't really think that, though. More than once, I had caught them talking behind my back.

"Don't think that because a teacher made her talk to you, you are now friends. Elizabeth is just incapable of not being nice. You are nothing for her and you will never ever be. The only reason that we do not beat you up is that bullying is forbidden in this school." 

I did forbid it, but what they are doing is clearly bullying. The worse part is that I recognize those voices, Lincoln, Joshua and Samuel, my Beta, and other high ranked wolves from my pack, respectively. Also known as the most popular boys at the school. They are even more famous than the seniors.