15. Midnight Talks

So, kid, you finally make a move on him?

Naruto sighed, "No. I got all tongue tied and chickened out."

Jiraiya just laughed.

"It's really not funny. He shouldn't have had to make the first move. He's not the one that ran off, I was. I should have used that as an apology, but like my usual self, I messed it up," depression rang clear in Naruto's voice.

"Kid, there's nothing wrong with letting him make the first move. He's still new into relations and that will help him build up on what to do when it comes to them. You may think you've gone and messed up, but in the long run it's probably better."

"If you say so..," the sadness didn't leave.

Jiraiya raised his eyebrows, "Okay, more than just chickening out is eating away at you,"

Naruto sighed, "it's Sakura."

"Let me guess, you still have feelings for the loud mouthed brute. If you do, you better tell that little redheaded sand brat. It's not fair to lead him on."

"No! It's nothing like that. It's just she.."

"She what..?" Jiraiya drew out his words longer than necessary.

"Well, now she acts like she cares. She acts like she wants to hang out and all this and that. She even kissed me. It's weird."

"Ah! I see, she wants what she can't have. She had you under her thumb, Naruto. She had you to do her bidding and fawn all over her when no one else would. Now she lost that and wants it back."

"That's what I told her; but she said I don't really care about Gaara, that it all in my head and that I'm just using him to fight loneliness considering I could never get her. That's just simply not true."

"Don't let her get in your head, kid, but do be careful. You know as well as I do, she would do anything to sabotage your relationship."

"She wouldn't do that," Naruto thought aloud, "Would she..?"

Jiraiya raised his eyebrows as a sign to let Naruto know, that, indeed, she would. "Let me give you some advice, Kid. Remember the looks you got when you were younger?"

Naruto's eyes downcast, taking an interest in a speck of dirt on the floor; he sighed. "Yeah..."

"Well get ready to maybe have them again. Some people aren't so accepting. Most are, but there's those few who dislike things only because they don't understand. You won't be able to change their mind, but you can choose to take the high road. Smile at them. Most importantly; know who you are. If you've accepted yourself, they can't get to you. Their opinions mean nothing anyway. They just can't stand to see happy people."

"I know..," his eyes hadn't moved from the floor.

"Another thing, if you love him, tell him. Even if you end up studdering for three hours and just end up writing it down, cause If you don't, you'll regret it."

"Isn't it a possibility that I'd regret it more if I did?"

"It is, but if he feels the same and neither one of you say something, you'll regret it even more."

"Yeah, Yeah. Any advice that's not cliche and bogus."

"Not really. Just the last thing being, no means no. In any situation. You say yes, he says no? That means no. You say no, he says yes? That's still no. Either of you tell the other to stop during something, you stop. Maybe doesn't equal yes; yes means yes. Got it? And another thing, being in lust and being in love are two completely different things. Don't act in feelings of lust because you think it's love; make sure it truly is because of love."

Naruto looked up, horrified, "Pervy Sage, I know you're talking about sex, and we're not doing that!" Naruto let his gaze fall again, "Plus, I know that already. I've heard it all before."

"You may not be yet, but don't act like you two aren't going to. I'm Just trying to keep you out of trouble," he laughed.

Naruto sighed, finally lifting his gaze, "Thanks."

You'll do great kid.