5. Don't Cry *(Flashback)*

In a lonely world, a little red-headed boy, only five years old, sat in a little wooded shack, hiding. Clutching his teddy bear, he couldn't face them again, the disappointment and the hatred. He could see it now, his father hovering about, that same look of disdain and disapproval slapped on his face. Kankuro and Temari peeking behind shaking their heads to show Rasa was right. Even Yashamaru hated him too, now.

Why, oh why, did it have to be him. Taught to be kind to others and love those around you, how come no one loved him. He knew what his capacity was, he learned from his mother. That is until she had to leave. Her kindness knew no bounds, but even she hated what their father made her do. If only they could see now, understand, the one they love, she lives on in the one being they threw away.

A couple years pass, but the memories still remain, he's seven now. Learning to try and be normal isn't working so well. Trying to become a shinobi takes its work out on him. Not having anybody to want you, its hard to reach your goals. Its even harder to understand why you don't belong. The one family thats suppose to save you and keep you warm, ends up being the one to throw you away. In a world so cold, this little boy finds comfort in his imaginary world with his little bear. His only friend.

Kids running scared and no teachers try. He's gone through sensei after sensei, but none take the time to not runaway. He can already hear his father tell him what an utter disgrace to the Kazekage clan he is. He can see the disappointment in his father's face and at only nine years old, begins to resent the day of his birth.

He's ten now, he no longer cries alone at night. Sitting up on the roof, counting stars is the only thing that keeps him sane. The shukaku can't hurt anyone as long as he stays awake. He doesn't cry anymore alone in his room. The four walls are the only baracade between his brittle innocence and his father's wrath. Hiding under a bed, waiting for the hours to pass along, so he doesn't have to hear his father scream, again, about how much of a monster he is.

That little boy, with the little brown bear, he's twelve now and he no longer cares. Gone are the days of sorrow or sadness and pain. Gone are the days of listening to his father talk about how he ruined their family. Gone are the days of believing people could change. That little boy, with a smile so gold, now is a young, lost soul, broken, with a stone-cold heart. Family is no longer a word and love is no longer known. Broken they made him and he no longer cares.

He lost his way, he lost his faith. He lost his mind and he lost his place. His face is harsh, his heart is cold. This is not the little boy she used to know.

From the Pure Land she watches her once little boy grow, thirteen, fourteen, Kazekage at fifteen. Watching she sees, how her son used to be. His feelings are human, nonmechanic. They act like family, care for one another. No longer she sees the hatred and pain. Together, she sees a village as one with him.

Sitting up high in the land, she's sees him smile, for the first time since he was five. With the one friend who never gave up, a little blond boy, who knew better than most, the pain of being cast out of your home, she sees a light in his eyes, glowing brighter by the day. She knows he'll be okay, he'll no longer lose his way. She sees him wipe a tear from his eye, knowing she'd be proud. Before lifting her worries, she sees the little blond reach for his hand before whispering.

"Don't Cry."