10. Say When

*Naruto POV*

On the outskirts of the Leaf village, silently still, he sat in a tree wondering. The rain refusing to let up, instead washing away all the confusion he held..or at least he wished it had.

There was usually nothing he didn't have a solution for. Bettering the Rasengan? Easy. Dealing with Pervy Sage? Piece of cake. Constantly refraining from slapping the pink right out of Sakura's hair when she hit him? Well..it was easier than this at least.

"Y'know," the mystery person began, laying into a long, uncomfortable pause. The silence was stiff, making every muscle tense, causing Naruto's fingers to death-grip the branch; turning his knuckles white. "The longer you hold off and wait, the worse thing are going to be," the man finished.

"Huh?"

He sighed, "Naruto, you know exactly what I mean. The longer you take to figure out what you already know, the damage will be done. You know exactly what you want, as does he. He placed his feeling as an open book and you ran away. I understand the fear, but don't you have any respect for Gaara? If you have, you'd make things right instead of ignoring him. You don't have to reciprocate, but at least acknowledge their existence. Quit being so troublesome and go and talk to him," and with that, the teen vanished.

He's right, but dammit, why does he need to be so smart about it? How does he even know? I know he's a genius, but he can't be that smart...can he?

By this point the rain had let up enough for him to make his way home, to try and figure out exactly what he's going to do come morning. Lying in his bed, he went back in forth between pulling the covers so far up that he almost suffocates to, throwing them off and exposing his body to whatever lies in his room, including the slightly crisp breeze of the ceiling fan. Finally settling on half and half; just below his chin, covering his torso and one leg, leaving the other slung over the bed uncovered.

He tried closing his eyes, slowing his breathing, and clearing his mind, but nothing come to be of any help. Several times through the night, he'd get up, pace the floor, slink back and bed and then repeat it all. After so long of senseless pacing and his little idiosyncrasies, he climbed back in, exhausted. Setting his sights solely on his ceiling fan, carefully watching the blades spinning as fast as the could.

He let his mind fill and then wander, and without knowing, tossing and turning his way all the while up until dawn. Shooting his eyes open, the where tinted red out of exhaustion and overthinking. Slowly, he rolled the covers off and made his way to the bathroom to wash his face, hoping it'd wake him in the process.

Dreading the whole new day, he begrudgingly packed a couple change of clothes and slung his newly packed bag over his shoulder and headed for the longest journey of his life; or so it felt.

*Okay, I'm sorry that this chapter is so short. I'm still getting into the swing of things when it comes to this one.*