extended summary

After Winona Martin was born, she was left on the doorstep of a convent. After a few years of living with nuns, she was put into foster care, thus going into the system. By the age of thirteen, she was adopted. She spent the next few years living with her semi normal adoptive family.

At sixteen, she discovers that her adoptive sister, Elaine, is a mutant. Winona does everything she can to keep it a secret. Everything was fine for a while. When Winona was twenty one, their adoptive parents found out about Elaine and the two sisters wound up on the run from Sentinel Services.

The girls were able to lie low for a few years. That was up until Winona discovered her own mutant abilities and the government found them. Luckily, Winona was able to get away. Elaine, however, was taken by Sentinel Services and Winona was stuck trying to find a way to help her.

For a year, the girl was mostly on her own, desperately searching for where they could've taken her sister. But when Winona meets a group of mutants who work help other mutants, she found a new spark of hope. She grew even more determined to find her sister. And she knew that with the help of her new acquaintances, she would do so.

°°°°

Welcome to Echo! This is a fanfic for the show The Gifted. This is probably the last book (don't take my word for it) that I'm gonna write, even though I have a lot in my drafts. So yeah, it's gonna be good (I hope).

Disclaimer: I do not own The Gifted, it's plots, characters, or dialogues. All rights go to Fox, the creators of the show, and Marvel. I only own Winona, Elaine, my original characters, plots, and dialogues. Do not steal any of my ideas.

Dedicated to -midnightsmoon because she's awesome and supports me. And also obuchi_m because she's awesome and I love her. Lastly, I'm dedicating this book to spookycaspian because her fic for The Gifted is great and yeah, you should check it out. I hope you all enjoy!

 I hope you all enjoy!