chapter eighteen*

* = special chapter

-

Miranda hill sat on the edge Camila Mendes' couch, looking decisively between the green circled answer button and the red circled decline button. The girl bit her lip, but didn't give it a second thought as her thumb presses the option her whole body and mind was screaming at her to touch. A few seconds passed before his face appeared on the screen of her iPhone and hers on his. She stared at him for a few seconds and broke out into a smile, sloppily trying to cover her face with her sleeve-covered hand but as she was spread out and slanted on the couch, it was rather effortless.

"Hi," she whispered, a smile spreading across her soft pink lips.

"Hey," he replied, a grin on his face, that seemed to be a reflection of hers. She laughed, and the sound of it made him smile even wider.

"You're really pretty, like really pretty," he breathed out, causing her to hide her face even more.

"Lucas stop," she laughed, trying to fix her messy bun.

"That's THE Lucas?!" Camila's voice shouted from the back and Miranda palmed herself in the face, soaking in the embarrassment of her roommate's words. Camila slouched down onto the couch next to Miranda to look onto her phone.

"You were totally right! He is super cute," Camila stated, looking at the sheepishly grinning boy on the girl's phone.

"I'm cute?"

"I NEVER SAID THAT!" Miranda muttered.

"Yeah right," the two her of her friends chimed in unison.

"Not only are you cute, you're hot! Miranda never shuts up about you!"

Added in the brunette, giggling at her now tomato-faced friend.

"Cami," a flustered Miranda warned, looking away bashfully.

"Sorry! That's enough now. It was nice meeting you Lucas!"

"You too...?"

Camila stood up and winked at her, before walking into the kitchen and helping herself to the pantry.

"I'm hot?"

"Well are you cold?" She tried, and received a laugh soon followed by a shrug.

"Fair enough," he let her off the hook, still smirking inwardly. "Anyways, how's life?"

Miranda straightened up and cleared her voice, pushing a piece of hair that fell out of her messy bun behind her ear- a motion he found cute.

"Well, I'm heading back to Canada tomorrow, and I'm going to miss LA very very much and the people in it," she answered, looking back at Camila who began to fake cry. "But not her."

They all laughed, Camila munching away on doritos in the background.

"Why were you in LA?"

The girl froze.

"Well, since you don't personally know the Shadowhunters cast I suppose I can tell you, but basically I auditioned for a role for Riverdale season three," she explained, taking a sip of her tea.

"And the Shadowhunters cast don't know about this yet?" He asked, sitting down at what seemed to be a table.

"Only Harry and Kat, since they're the most trustworthy," Miranda answered, with a slight nod of her head. "Also yoooo Gotham is so good is it wrong that I'm attracted to young Bruce Wayne?"

"Kinda," he responded, making her let out a laugh, but soon after a snort as well.

"Awh!!"

His voice echoed through her phone.

"What?"

Miranda furrowed her eyebrows, looking around and noticing that she had been pacing all over Camila's apartment.

"You snorted and it was cute," he answered, with the cutest smile she had ever seen.

"You guys are too cute!" A lady behind Lucas, who Miranda assumed to be his mother, exclaimed.

She had coffee brown eyes and short curly brown hair, having some resemblance to Lucas. Miranda also assumed that his facial features were more on his father's side of the family.

"Mom," Lucas groaned, a rosy pink blush spread across his pale cheekbones and a his lips parted, but nonetheless up into a grin.

"Hi Mrs. Zumann! How are you?"

"I'm great Miranda, how are you?"

"I'm alright, very busy these days. But I'm glad I'm able to meet the mother of my very good friend," she politely responded, plugging in her earphones and popping them into her ears.

"Oh I know very much about you! Lucas has always said the most wonderful things about you! And he was most certainly correct, you are very pretty," Lucas' mother nudged him, an amused smile on her bright pink lips. "I best be going, it was good meeting you, Miranda."

"You too, Mrs. Zumann," the girl responded before his mother left the frame, leaving an embarrassed Lucas in front of the camera in all of his bright red might.

"So you think I'm pretty, huh?"

Miranda expected him to joke back, but instead he looked into the camera and responded,

"Yeah I do."