EPILOGUE

Eight months later...

'I've come to say goodnight momma.'

'Oh, give me a big kiss,' Tessa opened her arms to Lyndon.

'Can I get you milk and cookies momma?'

Tessa laughed, 'no thank you darling. Daddy just brought me dinner.'

'You look beautiful,' Lyndon smiled lovingly at his momma. 'Does it still hurt?' His eyes were filled with concern.

'Thank you my baby.' Tessa smiled. She was certain her son's compliments were biased. He loved his momma unconditionally. 'It's not so painful now,' Tessa was economical with the truth, not wanting Lyndon worrying about her health.

'You must call me in the night when you need help momma. Good night,' Lyndon kissed her cheek.

'I will angel, thank you; good night,' Tessa cupped his cheeks and kissed him full on the lips.

An hour later, Tessa looked up and smiled at Brad as he slipped into bed next to her.

'So, when are we increasing our family again?' Brad enquired.

'We're not,' Tessa laughed.

'Are you sure?' Brad grinned.

'You're never going to ever let me live that down are you?' Tessa looked across at him slyly.

'Non disclosure of material evidence,' Brad accused. 'No ma'am.'

'How was I to know I'd give birth to twins? Daddy never told me that he was one of a twin and that his twin brother died at birth,' Tessa announced sadly. 'And I never knew there was a history of twins going back like five generations.'

Brad sighed, 'there goes my plans for early retirement at fifty. Now I'm going to have to work till I'm one hundred. Cocktail dresses, fifty hand bags each and one hundred pairs of shoes ---.'

'Stop it!' Tessa chuckled softly. She reached over and kissed Brad. 'What's with these denominations of fifties and hundreds?'

Brad laughed. He kissed his wife back, tenderly brushing her hair away from her face.

'You have to admit Bradley Blakely we have given birth to the most gorgeous little girls,' Tessa bragged proudly, like only a parent could.

'I guess so,' Brad admitted, 'and they better not entertain any ideas about boyfriends until they are over twenty five,' he warned.

'And when did you have your first kiss?' Tessa questioned teasingly.

'That's not open for discussion,' Brad tried to keep a straight face.

'I am so happy it all went so well,' Tessa cupped Brad's face indulgently.

'Not as thrilled as me,' Brad drew Tessa to his chest and curved his arm around her neck. She laid her cheek on his chest and smiled at her husband.

The scans never revealed Tessa was carrying twins. So much for the advent of modern technology. At seven months when Tessa was carrying over four kilograms, Brad demanded her gynaecologist perform an emergency C-Section. Tessa pleaded with Brad to allow her to carry to full term as she was experiencing no problems whatsoever, but he had been adamant. He convinced her doctor to agree with him and based on Tessa's history, the doctor acceded to Brad's request to Tessa's disappointment.

Only in the theatre, after the delivery of the first baby, was the surgical team alerted to the cries of a second baby. Brad had been dazed and speechless. He would not have believed it, had he not been there in the delivery room against the doctor's request to wait outside. He had thought his wife had been carrying a four kilogram baby, instead the Blakely's had successfully and proudly given birth to bouncy, healthy twin girls, each weighing just over two kilograms. They had to be incubated for a whole week, before Tessa was allowed to bring them home. They were two weeks old today.