Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"Charlotte! You're back I waited patiently for you." Fiero bowed.

"Oh, no you didn't have too." I smiled waving a hand at him.

"But I wanted too milady! Besides what if some vermin came around and contaminated your food? Oh I will not be able to live with myself had I let that happen."

"Now, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't even happen. Thank you for the effort Fiero..."

He paused and looked at me worriedly. "Milady, is something alright? You look pale?"

My mind immediately wandered back to the confrontation moments earlier. I always knew Julie was a bit of a strange character, but I didn't expect her to be strange to this height. Strange isn't even the right word, insane would be more like it. Psychotic? Yes.

And what of this prophecy she speaks of? I wasn't aware that there was another prophecy... Perhaps I may have to look more into it. Nonetheless, if what she says is true, my feelings for Edmund are invalid.

My mind suddenly flashed back to constant images of Edmund taking her dainty hand in his, allowing her to flirt with him in broad daylight. He didn't even bother to oppose her requests. Pondering more about it, when he wasn't with me...he was out with her.

Meaning whatever proclamation of emotions we had together is fruitless. A waste of time. That is- if he actually does feel something for me. Am I the toy then? Why does everything have to be so unfair!

I banged my fist on the table in frustration causing Fiero to jump in fear.

The shock from banging my fist on the table woke me from my daze and I pulled my hand to my chest. "Fiero?" I looked around. "Fiero?" I called again and recieved no answer. "Fiero? Where are you?"

"H-h-here milady." a stutter called and his ash blond curls popped up slowly from behind the table.

Immediately I felt guilt seep in. "Fiero I'm sorry, I guess I got angry. I didn't mean too."

"Are you alright?"

"I-I'm fine milady. Perhaps a little warning would help."

"That's all my fault, a lot has been going on lately..."

"It's alright Charlotte." Fiero smiled. "I suggest you eat. You must be feeling malnourished! Would you like for me to accompany you as you eat?"

"You've done more than enough Fiero. You should rest. Thank you."

He bowed and left the kitchen leaving me alone with my late dinner.

*****

 I walked on hardly being able to see anything more than 4 feet ahead of me. From what I could tell, I was probably in  a forest. It was eerily quiet for a forest. No sounds of wildlife at all, everything was dreary and dull. Eventually the path in front of me was blocked off by a tangle of trees. I turned to the right and another path was there.