Chapter 7

Alrighty guys. It's up and the next chapter MIGHT take a while. Most likely not but in the meantime, Comment, fan and vote! 

Chapter 7

After leaving Caspian, I had the beginnings of a plan for getting to know Susan form in my head. The bottom of my boots lightly tapped the smooth brown floor as I walked into the room that was only a door away from mine. I knocked assuming that the both of them would be in there.

"Who is it?" Susan's called out.

"It's me. Charlotte." I answered.

"Come in." 

The door was unlocked and I let myself in. Susan was sitting on the bed next to Lucy who was wiping her cheeks.

"I'm sorry for barging in like this--"

"Charlotte!" Lucy quickly stood up from the bed and clasped my hands in hers. "You're just the person we're looking for."

"What's wrong?"

She grinned. "Nothing, but I have a way to sneak on the ship with Caspian and the crew."

My heart dropped. There is no way, I would willingly risk my life to fight a man that is known to pillage and murder. "Lucy, I don't think that would be wise--"

"Charlotte I know you may not understand but not everyone can enter Narnia. As far as we know, we're the only ones from our world to be here. Neither Susan nor my brothers and I can control when and how we can enter Narnia. There are still many things I myself have yet to understand about Narnia, but I do know that every time we make it here, it's for a bigger purpose. So I'm not about to sit in this castle and do nothing. 

"You're right Lucy, I don't understand and I may never understand this "Narnia" place. But please understand from my position that I'm not exactly eager to risk my life for some unknown cause."

"What is a life worth living if you don't take any risks? And I doubt you'd be able to find your way back home staying here either. Your best option would be to stay with us."

I pushed my hair back from my face sighing as I did so. "I take it that you have every intention of sneaking onto the ship with or without me."

Lucy smiled placing both hands on her hips. "Correct!"

I looked back at Susan behind her, still sitting on the bed. "And you're gonna go along with this?"

"I agree with Lucy," she shrugged. "I can't be productive staying back at the castle."

If it means I get to go back home to my family, then so be it. I'm sure they're all worried about me. "Alright. I guess that's it then. I'll go." 

------------------------------

Before the guys left, Susan, Lucy, and I snuck inside one of the carriages holding our baggage. When the carriage stopped the three of us snuck out before anyone would notice. On the way into the ship we hid behind a minotaur passing through the guards. The minotaur looked at us suspiciously but I smiled at him and he grunted ignoring us.

I've never been on a ship before so I looked around curiously. Of course I read about ships in books yet I was still surprised by it's grandeur. The sails towered over me majestically showing off its purple and gold color along with Caspian's emblem on it.

After looking through the top part of the ship, Lucy spotted Caspian's room. We discreetly passed by guards and crewmen who looked too busy to even notice us. When we were close I turned around to look at Susan and Lucy who were hiding their faces under their hoods. "You two remember to go into Peter's room. I will have to go in to Caspian's room."

"If I may ask, why are you going into Caspian's room?" asked Susan

I smirked under the hood. I haven't done much and she's already suspicious. "I'll be the one to take the blame. It's easier to ask forgiveness from Caspian because I'm new here, so they can't get mad at you both. Just make sure you stay hidden long enough for the ship to be far enough from land-" I paused as soon as I heard footsteps.

My eyes met Lucy's in a panic, but Susan looked calm as ever. Her brows furrowed as she scanned possible routes to avoid Caspian and Peter. 

Dammit! They weren't supposed to come yet. If we get caught now, then they'll never let us leave.

 Susan turned to us and spoke in hushed tones. "Let's hurry and get into the rooms now. We still have a chance." Without missing a beat we hid in the shadows towards the direction of the rooms. The sound of Peter's voice was coming closer and I immediately grabbed open a door that was closest to me.

I looked around the room. A fancy closet with a mirror and several drawers took up most of the space and an average sized bed stood against the wall. The window was small but it let in the refreshing smell of  the ocean from the other side of the room.

Good I must be in Caspian's room. I thought to myself. The footsteps stopped in front of the door and I quickly rolled under the bed. I found it a relief how it wasn't as dirty as I thought.

I heard the door open slowly and I quietly peeked from under the bed. Brown boots passed by me and I heard a small thump against the closet. Then I saw the brown boots walk towards me. I held my breath. Please don't find me, please don't find me not yet at least.

I heard the bed creak under Caspian's weight. He took off the boots and lay down on the bed. It was a good thing it was already night. I found it awkward how I'm sleeping under Caspian and he doesn't know it. It made me feel like I'm some type of creep.

It felt like hours before I heard Caspian's soft snores. I got myself into a comfortable position and closed my tired eyes. I would reveal myself to the others as soon as Caspian leaves the room.

-----------------------

I woke up feeling the sun on my face. That's funny, I thought the sun couldn't reach under the bed, and why did the floor feel so nice and soft? It made me want to drift back to sleep. I sat up immediately noticing something was quite wrong. I looked around, I was still in the same room except now instead of being under the bed. I was now on top of it.

"But how-" My heart skipped a beat.

"Sleeping better now?" 

----------------------------------------

CLIFFHANGER!! I know and it's also kind of short, but don't worry. The next chapter will satisfy you. Maybe. x) I will make the next chapter longer so don't worry!