Chapter 6

Chapter 6 is here! Man I am on a roll. Hahah, I have a lot planned so expect a few twists and turns here and there. ;) Comment? Vote!

Chapter 6

The next morning Caspian called all of us in for a meeting. We met in the same room except now it was almost filled with people. Caspian sat at the head of the long table with Peter and Edmund on one side. Susan, Lucy, and I sat in the other.

"Greetings old man Caspian." I greeted him.

Caspian raised an eyebrow. "Greetings to you too Lady Charlotte."

I frowned at him mockingly only to end up cracking a smile. He chuckled at our inside joke. Much to the dismay of the others who looked on at us curiously. 

"I have called upon you all for a meeting that would describe the events that have happened recently," Caspian started, his tone was darker this time. "A year or so after you left I've gotten word of a king named Gallath who oppressed and abused his people. He's since been dethroned and banished, but unfortunately he's been back and made attempts at pillaging some nearby towns. He's made a few successful attempts while also kidnapping a handful of people from each town. We were right on the verge of figuring out his pattern until he got quiet and the trail went cold." He paused to look at all of us. "So I sent some men to find out what happened. Turns out he's found out a way to get into your world. What that has to do with the people he's kidnapped, I'm not sure. But I fear we won't be able to get them back alive."

Pillage? What was this, the medieval era? The way Caspian spoke of the news, made it sound like it was a normal everyday thing. Maybe it was for a world like Narnia. A chill of dread went down my spine as I slowly processed everything. Just how dark was this world of Narnia?

Beside me I could sense Lucy trembling as she held one hand up to her mouth. Susan held Lucy's other hand, her lips were taut. Edmund and Peter looked at Caspian intently processing the information.

"but why our world?" Lucy asked softly.

"His reasons are yet to be revealed dear Lucy."

"Access to our world wouldn't be possible without Aslan. Surely he wouldn't allow anything like that to happen." Peter spoke slowly, calmly. 

"I'm not quite sure." Caspian answered shaking his head. "But I know it involves all of you. In order for him to enter your world, he must need to obtain the Cursed Chalice and pour it into the the Witch's Basin otherwise known as the Lake of Souls."

"Pour what into the Lake of souls?" Edmund asked slowly as if he knew the answer.

Caspian looked at us gravely. "The blood of the Sons of Adam or the blood of the Daughters of Eve."

It was silent for a moment before Susan spoke. "Does he even have this... Cursed Chalice?" She asked.

Caspian shook his head. "No." A tiny sigh of relief came out of me. "Not yet at least." continued Caspian.

"Which is why we must stop him." said Peter looking as serious as ever.

"Yes, but it's too dangerous for any of you to come along." Caspian said with a look of concern in his eyes.

"Ah c'mon Caspian, a lot can change in a couple years, but that doesn't mean my sword handling skills did," teased Edmund.

Caspian chuckled. "How can I forget? You made a formidable opponent in the past. But that doesn't change the fact that this mission would be a dangerous one." Caspian looked over to our side of the table with concern in his eyes. "I think it's best for you young ladies to stay back."

"We have fought a war with you Caspian. We should be able to handle ourselves." said Lucy.

Peter raised an eyebrow at Lucy. "We?"

Lucy groaned. "Peter, really?"

"I'm sorry Lucy. I can't risk getting a Queen of Narnia to be harmed. I can't let any Daughters of Eve be harmed actually." When Caspian said this his eyes went to Susan.

Lucy pouted and a small sigh of relief escaped my lips. I just arrived here, the last thing I would want is to die in some foreign world, time, country. Wherever this place is.

 "That isn't fair Caspian!" Lucy exclaimed slapping her hands on the table.

"It's for your own safety Lucy!" scolded Peter as he gave her  a firm look.

"I can take care of myself Peter!"

"I can't risk you getting harmed Lucy. You are staying back and that is final!"

Her blue eyes twinkled and her lips settled into a frown as she tried to hold back tears. "I'm already eighteen and yet why do you still treat me like a child!"  She exclaimed and stormed out of the room.

"Lucy!" yelled Susan following after her. She gave a look of disappointment to Peter and walked out.

Peter sighed and looked at Caspian. "I apologize for my sister."

"It's alright." Caspian shrugged uncomfortably. "I already informed you of what is needed to be told. You may go and prepare... Charlotte may I ask that you stay back for a while?"

I nodded as Peter and Edmund left quickly. Probably rushing to comfort Lucy. "So what are you going to do now King Caspian?"

"I'm planning to set out tonight," he said looking through his desk. "but before that we would train."

I nodded slowly. "So you're actually going to leave us?"

"Sadly." he frowned as he flipped through the pages of a book and put it down disapprovingly.

"And leave me here in this boring castle?"

He looked up and frowned at me. "There are a lot of things to do here in Cair Paravel Charlotte."

"Fine, but I guess you'll have to wait for me to tell you how Susan feels about you." I said with a sly smirk.

"Charlo-"

I cut him off. "But don't worry Caspian. I shall find a way to get word to you." I winked at him and walked out the room leaving him to himself.

----------------------------------

Hehe, any comments anyone? I just enjoy writing this story and I love it very much when my readers enjoy what I write. Vote!