Chapter 11

I am beginning to think that my chapters are half-assed. Or is it just me? Nyaa, >w< I'll work harder at getting higher up in the ratings and in the meantime show your support! Btw a pic of Peter on the right. ;D I admit though, William Moseley is handsome.

----------------------------------------------

Chapter 11

I fell asleep easier that night and wasn't bothered at all that Edmund and I slept in the same room. The next day we both acted as if nothing happened which was fine by me. I walked around the ship exploring its contents and helping out wherever I can.

I decided to stay up on the forecastle of the ship and look at the sea.

"Aye isn't it the beautiful lady Charlotte I see?"

I turned around surprised and smiled in greeting at Avery.

"Hello Captain Avery."

"I'm not quite a Captain yet, but I thank you for the acknowledgement." Avery winked at me his green eyes twinkling mischievously.

"What are you doing now?" I asked him.

"I'm just making sure everyone is doing their job while the Captain orders everyone around." he joked.

I laughed. "That's nice, how long have you been training?"

Avery leaned against the banister and thought for a while. " I began training since I was little. I always loved the sea. My father hates it."

I looked at him and his eyes looked sad.

"That's okay, everyone has their differences." I said.

He looked up at me and smiled. "Thank you Lady Charlotte, but no need to worry for me. As you can see I'm very happy."

I smiled back at him. He stared at me and we both looked behind us when we heard Avery's name being called out.

"I must leave now Lady Charlotte." Avery said grabbing my hand. "and I look forward to talking with you again." Avery lifted my hand to his lips and kissed it. Leaving me to blush as he walked away.

"Fraternizing with the captain in training I see." said a voice. I looked behind me to see Peter smiling. "For a moment I thought you fancied Caspian."

Why does everybody think that? I thought to myself. "No, I do not fancy Caspian or Avery. I don't fancy anyone actually." I stated.

Peter looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Really? Because it seems like Avery fancies you."

"So what if he does? What does it matter to you?"

Peter stared at me and looked away quickly. "I find it amusing." he said.

"I, Charlotte amuse a High King?" I raised an eyebrow.

He smiled at me. Why is he so cheeky? I rolled my eyes. "Obviously I see that he likes you and you don't like him. So I wonder how long it will be before he will get the hint."

"And how is watching my non-existent love life funny?" I raised an eyebrow and shook my head ignoring his amused smile. "Don't you have any other kingly business to do right now?" I asked him.

"No, not yet." He stared off into the sea. I looked up at his strong jaw line and his clear blue eyes. He looks troubled. I thought.

"Where are we headed to next?" I asked.

His clear blue eyes landed on my dark brown ones. "We're headed to the Witch's Basin, but we're stopping by a nearby island for food and water."

"How much farther is it? I'm already bored."