Chapter Seven: Butterflies

I slammed the door shut behind me as I enter the hallway, my hair dripped as I stood there. My heart slammed against my ribs when everything came into focus 'I kissed him-he kissed back- I like him-oh god. I like him' I feel myself get lightheaded. "Im overreacting" I hold my head and Marco comes inside, I look over his face, his hair soaked and dripping rain on his nose, his lips parted as he inhaled the warm air. "A-are you okay?" He asks wih a small frown. I felt my stomach drop "im fine" He places a hand on my shoulder and smiles gently "I know Jean. I know how you really feel " he chuckles and places a small yet light kiss on my cheek "l-lets go get changed before we catch a cold" He walks past me and heads down to our dorm. I touch my cheek, hot-still wet from the rain. I follow him holding my head 'don't let dad find out' My stomach began to twist.

We change into clean, dry clothes. Marco wearing a T-shirt and some shorts. I on the other hand I just wore my favourite band shirt and sweats. I crawled up on my bed and I hugged my knees as I look over at Freckles who sat over on his own bed "How long?" He murmurs with raised eyebrows "A few weeks. " I shug and swallow hard trying to calm the turning motion in my gut. "To be honest I always thought you were cute" I almost gag-i think I did. "Oh-" He chuckles and smiles at me, my skin tone shifted to a pale shade as I tried to smile back "im not cute" I grumble and my thoughts swarmed in my head 'Dad is going to kill me' 'I kissed him' 'He likes me?' 'I swear im in love' 'Does he feel the same?' "Alright Jean. Whatever you say. And so I don't leave you hanging, I like you too. Alot. Funny huh. I said I wouldn't mess with you but I got you to like me somehow" He laughs softly and I chuckle lightly "Yeah-you did something Freckles" I could have sworn up and down I looked sick. His eyes widen some as a smile tugs at his lips "Freckles? I haven't heard that one before. Is that a nickname you came up with?" He giggles and I try again to smile. I know he was trying to lighten the mood but I felt weird, the butterflies in my stomach must have been smashing around.

I was silent before I gagged and Marco looked up from his twiddling thumbs "Huh? " He stands up and frowns "Jean? Are you alright?" I eyed the trashcan that sat beside my bed . "Nn-o" I grab the can and rush into the bathroom. I didn't make it I vomit just as I stood up, luckily I made it in the trash but...I got some uh..throw up on Marco's feet.

Marco set me on the bed and hurried to the bathroom and didn't come back for a few minutes. When he did his feet were clean and he had a washcloth in his hands. I stared at him 'no-no don't' He starts to clean the...vomit..from the corner of my mouth. My face must have burst into flames as I sat there and did nothing. I didn't stop him, I didn't say think you. I was frozen. He finished and tossed the towel onto our mound of dirty clothes. I looked into his eyes, I need to tell him ".......Marco-I like you"