Chapter Four: Just a glance

A simple knock was placed on the door "Jean? Hey are you okay?" I moved from the door and pulled my shirt on "y-yeah, im fine! Give me a minute" I bark and Marco moves from the door leaving me. My thoughts swarmed as I leaned over the bathroom counter, looking at my reflection 'don't make it obvious, Mom and Dad would kill you-treat you as if you no longer mattered. Keep your feelings to a minimum'

--------- A Week later---------

I sit atop my bed with a sketch book in my lap and Marco's pen held tightly in a ferm grip. I could see Marco glancing at me from over on his side of the room. I caught him and turned to face him "what?". There it was his lips slipped into a smile "I wanted to see if you where gonna draw anything" I looked back down at the closed book, my fingers curl under the cover and I open it"I will, I told you I would" I smile right back but setting my jaw shortly after staring at the paper 'Just draw something' I turn my eyes to look around the small room, I look over Marco ,'i know what im doing' .

-------

My hand flowed over the paper as the pen left line after line after line. An eye came out of all the stray marks, details where drawn swiftly but with a gentle manner. I would glance over at Marco every other moment. He was oblivious and I needed it to stay that way as I plotted freckles here and there. The 'sketch ' was completed after another few minutes. "Done " I murmur under a smile, I turn and face Marco, who was already smiling, Ready to see whatever I had in store. Turning the book towards him. His eyes racing over the page as his smile fades, his gaze softened "is that-Me?" His voice was light but had a hint of happiness. I shrug "could be" A chuckle leaves me and Marco's freckles raise up slowly "your really good." I return the smile "I know" We both laugh for a little, well he kept laughing as he threw one of my dirty socks at me "you smell too" He chuckles and I spit shaking my head once he sock lands in my lap "n-no I don't" I snort a snicker and I ball up the dirty sock and throw it back. "Take a shower" He grins and tosses the sock on the floor.

I took a shower but, the rest of that evening we talked and joked about untill Marco brought up "Hey! It's Friday! We got all our classes done, do you want to come with me to Armins?" His grin was wide as I sat there and stared "um. I got to study" I lied and Marco knew "well you can come hang out for a little hen we'll come back and I can help you study, sound okay?" I swallow rather hard before I look around the room searching for an answer....."fine"