Chapter Fifteen: A lovely walk in the Neighbourhood

Once my Mother agreed to meet me downstairs I rushed myself with getting dressed, I threw on my coat and the scarf she had left with me. Making sure my phone was in my pocket I take my sketch book and force myself not to look inside. I slipped the book under the mattress then pulled my shoes on before running downstairs where Nanette stood at the door with her umbrella at hand along with the paper, folded neatly in her free hand. I manage a small smile as I look down at her "Ready?" Mom asks, with the same expression I played. "Mhm" I open the door for her and shutter at the breeze.

We walked around in our neighbourhood, taking new turns and my mother kept silent with a small smile over her lips. She was making me nervous, that paper, her expression. Damnit I wish I checked my sketch book before I left! After taking another corner I grunt and clear my throat "whats on the paper?" I ask with a curious tone, knowing my mother would answer me that way. I was dieing to know what she had, I think I might go mad! Yeah I was exaggerating but, I really needed to know. Nanette finally looked at me then at the paper, her walking slowed as she spoke "It's something I never expected to see" Mother was now straight faced and I felt my cheeks burn against the chilly air "yeah?" A grin slips over her lips and she looks to the paper. I do my best to see over her shoulder untill she sniffles. Im taken back and a frown forms over my lips. "Mom?" Nanette looks to me and sends a small smile before showing my the paper.

"This is your Father and Myself the day before we married. " She spoke softly but with a sweet tone. I looked over the photo, they were smiling, hand in hand, and kissing. I glance to her with a raised eyebrow. What are you getting at. Nanette holds the picture close, careful not to get it wet as we turned around to head back home. "I want you to be happy like us" I nod "mom I-" She silenced me by putting up her hand "Jean, son. I want you and that special girl to be as happy as Gregor and me" I blink and look away. You two don't seem so happy. "M-Mom can we not talk about this?" Nanette clears her throat and neatly folds the photo and slipped it into her pocket of her coat. "Jean, im excited to meet your lover...what is her name?" I see the street our house was on and I swallow hard. Ready to dodge the question I bite my lip and point to the sign. "Sorry but, honestly I've been needing to use the bathroom for a while now" I smile and rush towards the house, leaving my mother behind wearing a baffled expression. I ran fast until I took the corner onto the street where I came to a walk. Pulling out my phone I quickly message Marco.

-(Do any of our friends have freckles? Not you) sent 3:07pm

Freckles-(um..Ymir. why? )

-(No reason, bye.)sent 3:08pm

I wiped the screen free of water before I put my phone away and resume running to the house.

I reach the double doors and pull open one, bumping into Sarah I smile and slip past her and hurry upstairs and into my room, where I check my sketchbook for the picture I drew of Marco. It was there, safe and smudge free. I put that back and make sure my door is locked before going to my computer, turning it on then logging onto my School Foogle account. I was already friends with Ymir on my school account and took the risk and sent her a message.

Jeankirschtein-(Hey, can you do me a favor??

Ymir*-(hey little man, yeah,whats up?

Jeankirschtein-( .....I need you to pretend to be my Girlfriend

Ymir*-(dude, im with Krista. I can't do that..

Jeankirschtein-(you don't get it. I've been talking to Marco like24/7 and I told my parents It was my girlfriend.

Ymir*-(your a dumbass, why do I need to pose as your girlfriend? Ask Sasha or something.

Jeankirschtein-(No! Marco is saved as Freckles. Your the only one with freckles. Plus I thought you would understand

Ymir*-(are you..oh god okay. Fine..I get it. I'll help you out.

Jeankirschtein-( thank you. Thank you so much. Don't tell anyone okay

Ymir*-(about? Me posing as Marco or tell anyone you two are a thing?

Jeankirschtein-(Both.

Ymir*-(Does Marco know about this? -_-

Jeankirschtein-(...not yet.

Ymir*-(Jean! Tell him you asshole!

Jeankirschtein-(Calm the fuck down. I will

Ymir*-( you better or I won't help you.

-Ymir* is Offline-