Chapter Nine: Riders in the Storm

Marco blushs softly "Hi Kirschtein" He murmurs under a smile and I blink, managing to mutter back "Hi B-Bott" I could see Marco looking over my face, I raised my eye brows once I felt something soft against my lips.

It was him, he was kissing me, His lips soft yet warm. I didn't know what to do, I was frozen again , I was positive My heart beat could have been felt on Marcos chest as he broke the small kiss "I-Im sorry " I blush wildly as I roll off him and sit up. He chuckles softly before sitting up himself "sorry" He covers his face "Im sorry Jean" Marco's cheeks flood with blush as I grunt. "Stop saying that" I flop back on the comforter with a soft sigh "it's fine.." I don't look at him'Im not fine....is he trying to get my face to burst into flames!?' I could hear Marco mutter something before he layed beside me "so...what now?" He asks looking over at me as I stared at the ceiling "I don't know...im kinda tired" My cheeks swamped with blush "oh. It is late. We can go to bed now if you want" He smiles and I glance over at him "nah..we can stay up a little longer" he chuckles lightly "okay"

-------

Marco had started telling me about his house and what school he went to. His cat Flower, all sorts of weird storys of his childhood. One was he was a senior in high school and Him and His friend Annie went for a walk. He said it started to snow and Annie left to go get the car. Marco eventually started to walk back to the car and the snow started to come down a little harder so he ran. He said he couldn't find Annie or the car then things took a turn for the worse. Marco said he couldn't forget it no matter how hard he tried. A car came right in his direction and He said the car hit him. The driver staggered out of the car and ran, leaving Marco. Freckles said he had broken every rib on his left side and he could have lost his left eye.

I didn't want to believe it but he showed the last traces of his injuries. I yawn softly and Marco did the same "g-gosh im tired " he chuckles between yawns. My eye lids grew heavy as I attempted to focus on him "uh-huh". I had a long day, a long week. I was ready to crash even if I was on the floor. Marco pulls one of his blankets off the bed and covers both of us"GoodNight Kirschtein" I bite the inside of my cheek to wake me up "Night Bott". We fell asleep.

--------

It felt like only thirty minutes had past but I was warmer and I moved, rolling on my side , my nose brushed against fabric. I was sleeping right by Marco. I was against his chest. I must have been dreaming but I felt him put his arm over me. This can't be real.