Chapter 15 | Stop Grinning

C H A P T E R 15
E D I T E D
2152 WORDS

an; THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR 10K!!!! love u

As Ella was talking to the rest of the group about all of the gadgets she brought down with her, Thomas, Stanley, Eddie and I were all having our own conversation.

"Well, yeah. It makes total sense." Eddie whispered strongly, "why else would she be down here?"

"But Eddie, there's a lot of people with the last name 'Evans'" Stanley added, earning an aggravated groan from the short friend.

"Why else would she be down here though? It has to be because of her sister." Thomas said. We all looked her way again, almost admiringly.

   She was strong and brave. To be down here alone, fighting this thing alone. She was impressive and obviously not afraid of whatever dangers could be lurking down here.

"I've got five bats. They were really heavy to bring down but... I guess they were worth it. I'll lend them to you, I don't care if they break." She said, crossing her arms proudly.

"Pst" Thomas whispered in my ear. My head snapped behind me as Thomas urged me to step away from the group. I slowly walked backwards as Stanley looked at me with worried eyes, but giving him a reassuring grin he seemed to trust Thomas.

"What?" I whispered.
Thomas looked around frantically, as if he was making sure someone wasn't watching him.

"You and Richie." He spat out, "you guys haven't had it good recently, right?"

"Is it that obvious?" I smiled, but he didn't seem to find it funny.

"He's out to get you." Thomas whispered before slightly shoving me back into the group, leaving me alone with what to think.

  I stood there, fearing if what Thomas had just said is real or not. He wouldn't lie, right? Why would he. But, then again, how would Thomas know?

  All that is to say, I felt the heavy urge to leave. Just the gut feeling alone was enough to make the hair stand on the back of my neck, something was deeply wrong.

   A loud metallic bang was heard from the other side of the room. It sounded a lot like the heavy dirt we struggled to push open before.

   The sound snapped me out of my previous thoughts, allowing me to quickly realize Stanley wasn't by my side... and Richie hasn't bothered me in a while. But that was because Richie wasn't there either.

   "Stanley?" I mumbled, catching Bill's attention.

"Stan?" Bill said, looking at me with concern written over his face. Others quickly caught on to what was going on. Everyone looked around and carefully observed their surroundings, backing up into one another with caution.