CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE: THE NEWEST MEMBER
1647 WORDS

    THE WINDY GRASP OF SUMMER'S SHADOW brushed against my face

    THE WINDY GRASP OF SUMMER'S SHADOW brushed against my face. The year was 1990, and school had just ended.

    Although every student who lived within Derry at the time was celebrating, I didn't have such a opinion about the end of school. I hadn't spent much time in school or in Derry at all– I had been busy moving for the past four months.

     I jogged down the concrete stairs. The screams and shouts of excited kids, young and old, were heard all around me. My eyes wandered around the grassy plains, buses covering the streets. I smiled, walking towards the bike rack on the other side of the school.

    My feet crunched under leaves and rocks. I spotted my bike and began walking it's way, but was shoved to the ground before I could.
    Rubbing my head, I slowly tried to pull myself off the ground but was only thrusted back down again.

    My eyes began to shake as vision became blurry. I couldn't see anyone around me, so was I just felling ill?

    I quickly came back to reality as my pupils began to dilate properly. The school's bully–or rather the town's bully–stood in front of me with hell's fire in his eyes.

    "You think it's funny toying with my bike, slut?" He spat.

     My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I had no clue who this guy was, so why was he targeting me?

     "I seriously don't know what you're talking about." I shook.

     He grabbed the collar of my shirt, pulling me upwards and shoving me against the brick wall behind me.

    "Really? So you don't know how my bike ended up on the ground, and yours was perfectly placed in my spot?" Bowers growled. I remained silent, too dumbfounded to speak.

    "I don't know. Please, just let me go." I grunted, kicking my legs in attempt to be freed.

    "Let you go? Not without giving you what you deserve." He said, a crushing pep in his talk. Was he seriously going to beat me up? And was no one going to try and help? There must've been dozens of lingering students rushing home, and not one of them stopped to help.

    Was this the town I was moving to? Was this the place my mom promised we'd be "happier?"

   "Okay, new girl." He closed his eyes for a moment, letting out a sharp sigh, "I have an idea. You tell me everything you know about Pennywise the Clown, and I let you go."